OCD Really?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Narse77, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Narse77 macrumors regular

Narse77

I will first off say that if you are currently under treatment for OCD this is not at aimed at you. I in no way want to offend people with real issues. I have family that suffer OCD and know what it is like from that standpoint.

That aside most every post I see here where someone says OCD is NOT OCD it is you being picky. Yes I understand you spent all your savings, yes I know it cost 3k or more, get this.... When you buy a home **** will be wrong with it, you get a new car things will be out of perfect alignment, and things will rattle and vibrate. Apple makes hundreds of thousands of pieces of hardware. Some WILL get bad parts, some will get things less than perfect. Most do not expect everything to be exact to the millimeter and frankly I for one get tired of everyone saying OCD when its nothing more than you being a spoiled brat.

End of rant.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nice rant. I have to agree with you that some people are just being too picky, and I don't believe its OCD.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

It’s called CDO, in alphabetical order like it should be. :)

5. Narse77 thread starter macrumors regular

Narse77

This made me LOL!

Nice subtlety!

6. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Some of these people should never buy a MBP in the first place.

Dumb *&^%#.

7. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

I agree fully, its seems like every kid on the planet thinks they have OCD when infact they are just fussy wankers. (the problem seems to be more widespread in the USA, sorry american members). Its like a few years ago it was fashionable to say you had allergies (the weirder the better) and now they have moved onto OCD, I blame the parents and kids not playing outside anymore but then I am a grumpy ol' bugger so......

8. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

9. M77 macrumors newbie

Makes me wonder. What's worse: People who have high standards for quality on an expensive, highly touted, super well-designed product or people who complain about those people? Apple prides itself on its design and premium image of perfection and everything working right. I have no doubt this is where some of it comes from.

Frankly, I could care less if someone is fussy or not. What's it to you? Shut your mouth and move on. Let them deal with their fussiness, if that is the case, and people who may be able to help. Let them be. Besides, most people who come here and are so-called "OCD" are just trying to confirm whether or not issues they're seeing are normal. All they want is consensus and confirmation one way or the other. No need to insult and slander them. This is a forum for Mac lovers, everyone is welcome as long as you're being genuine and not a jerk. If anything I find that the people posting in this thead are creating animosity and unwelcome feelings. We all enjoy and support Apple products, so let that be the focus.

10. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

Your signature is fitting for the following post.

11. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

I agree, this is quite widespread, although coming from a person that really is OCD, I guess my thoughts don't hold much weight.

I don't really understand the issues with MacBook perfection ect. I only have problems with my equipment being clean (and washing my hands), not dead pixels, or any imperfection of that sort. My cinema display even has 6 stuck pixels, all in obnoxious colours, yet I learned to just live with it.

No offense to anyone here, but some, if not most issues are not really important. Like the poster above said, if you buy a house, car, or almost everything else, you can expect something will be wrong with it. The price of something really does not have an affect on things that can go wrong. For instance, what if you shelled out over £120,000 a brand new Aston Martin, and the interior light didn't work? Would you return it and get another one? (If they even let you) I certainly wouldn't. I mean, when I was at a BMW dealer recently, and wanted to test drive a 328xi, the dealer couldn't even get it started! That is obviously something I wouldnt buy. What i'm trying to say here, is do your research, and if there is a problem with a product you want, expect the worst when you buy yours, or hold off on the purchase for a bit.Now, I'm certianaly not insulting anyone here, i'm just expressing my point of view. The only reason I would exchange something, is if it was clearly visible that something is not right. That may be so for some of the yellow tint people here, or cracked i7 iMacs, or most of all a non-powering computer, but usually not some of the day to day "my trackpad does not feel right" or something close to that.

Food for thought!

~M

12. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

I know, laughable:D

13. M77 macrumors newbie

Haha then you should know better :p

14. pjcforpres2020 macrumors regular

OCD is defined by having an obsession, that causes compulsive actions, which bring about disorder. So unless your MBP causes you to count in even numbers only and do your lucky dance...

OCD is also slang for picky perfectionist, especially regarding 2k purchases that have online forums dedicated to them.

I am neither, as I am a man, and perfection is not possible nor reasonable to expect, and I count in 3's.