Oct 14th Event??

101X

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Do you think :apple: is going to hold a October apple event for the Mac refresh? If so the iPod touch camera could be introduced there to. I heard the iPod camera could have been a manufacturing issue.

ipodtouch3g

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
camera

i think they will release the ipod touch with the camera at the oct 14 event. every rumor is saying that apple wants to release the ipod touch with the camera as soon as possible. i think we will also see the return of the 16gb ipod touch too. i think they just had a bad batch of parts. they should have fixed that by now.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
If so the iPod touch camera could be introduced there to.
"This is our lineup for the holiday season."

How much more clear could they possibly be? Unless, of course, they were referring to Yom Kippur. But I'll veer on the side of caution and say that they weren't.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
There will be no camera in the iPod touch until at least after Christmas, probably February or next september if ever. The only reason why there are rumors of an October update is before the current iPod touch was released in September a few iPod accessory makers who knew absolutely nothing about Apple's plans announced cases based on the current rumors of what the iPod would be with release dates for the cases in October.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
If Apple planned on doing an event in the coming weeks, they would have announced it to the press already.

/thread
not 100% true, the iPod event wasn't announced till only 5 or 6 days before it was held. Apple keeps it quiet till the last week, because they still want people to buy their current products till the end.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^ But still, you're not going to see another new iPod this year. I mean, it doesn't even make sense for that to happen. Do you think the outraged little whiners really would change this fact?

hampstenj

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2009
i think they will release the ipod touch with the camera at the oct 14 event. every rumor is saying that apple wants to release the ipod touch with the camera as soon as possible. i think we will also see the return of the 16gb ipod touch too. i think they just had a bad batch of parts. they should have fixed that by now.
and just where are these rumors??? I haven't seen them on any site so if you got the rumors post em!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
^ But still, you're not going to see another new iPod this year. I mean, it doesn't even make sense for that to happen. Do you think the outraged little whiners really would change this fact?
trust me, I totally agree with you on that and I don't think there will be a new one, not even till september '10. If there will be a camera, it will come out then, Apple isn't going to release an iPod like that without an event and they aren't going to make an event just for that unless something new and exciting really comes out... a tablet? Which I have my doubts on that too.

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
The least they'll do is announce the return of the 16GB in place of the current 8GB at $199.

If they do bring out the iPod touch w/camera, it'll steal the whole show. Which I think Apple wouldn't want.

It's still too early to update the touch. The latest I expect is by February. If not by then, September when the next keynote is.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
There will be no camera in the iPod touch until at least after Christmas, probably February or next september if ever. The only reason why there are rumors of an October update is before the current iPod touch was released in September a few iPod accessory makers who knew absolutely nothing about Apple's plans announced cases based on the current rumors of what the iPod would be with release dates for the cases in October.
If they had no knowledge of the camera then how were they able to make cases with camera holes? Did they simply guess and hope they were right?

nuhusky001

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
Exactly

Yes They do... Exactly. Its a gamble as a business, if you guess right and are the first one on the shelves, CHA-CHING. Since making cases is not very hard, everybody does it, the only advantage (major) is that you're on the shelf first with the logo. "3rd Gen iPod Touch"

And they had "knowledge" of a camera by reading the same sites you and I do.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
If they had no knowledge of the camera then how were they able to make cases with camera holes? Did they simply guess and hope they were right?
yes they guessed they saw that sites like macrumors had rumors going around that cameras would be added so they based their designs on the best rumors they could find and took the gamble, and this time they lost.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
Most likely they were given spec sheets (blue prints) from Apple...

In my mind, the Touch with a camera is more than just a rumor. :cool:

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
I wouldn't count on a media event for updated iMacs, Minis, and MacBooks. I don't expect enough of a product redesign or technology advance to warrant anything beyond a press release.

And I certainly wouldn't count on updated iPod Touches with Cameras. The soonest we'd see those will be at Not!MacWorld in January. And that's not very likely.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I'm pretty much expecting an October event for Mac updates. The signs point to coming updates and they announced one last year about this time with 4 days notice. If I'm wrong, it's no skin off my nose as I'm not really in the market for anything new right now.

If there is going to be an iPod Touch with a camera, you can expect it at next September's iPod event and not before.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
I dont think the camera enabled touch will come out until sept '10. Apple is finishing up the new macs and will release them soon. Then their undivided attention is going to go to the tablet finishing up and solidifing its early 2010 release.

hampstenj

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2009
This thread should have been closed a while ago. It's not going to happen (soon) and the 14th is not a Tuesday.
Ipod touch event did not happen on a Tuesday either.... As was noted in several threads, EVEN if they are going to have an media event on that day it is because the Monday prior is a US federal Holiday for the guy who needed an GPS... Oh yes Christopher Columbus day.

I don't expect an ipod touch camera release till Jan 2010 at the earliest, but if for some odd and wierd reason Apple does decide to release a camera this month I won't complain.