Oct 14th Event??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 101X, Oct 5, 2009.

1. 101X macrumors member

Do you think :apple: is going to hold a October apple event for the Mac refresh? If so the iPod touch camera could be introduced there to. I heard the iPod camera could have been a manufacturing issue.

2. ipodtouch3g macrumors newbie

camera

i think they will release the ipod touch with the camera at the oct 14 event. every rumor is saying that apple wants to release the ipod touch with the camera as soon as possible. i think we will also see the return of the 16gb ipod touch too. i think they just had a bad batch of parts. they should have fixed that by now.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

"This is our lineup for the holiday season."

How much more clear could they possibly be? Unless, of course, they were referring to Yom Kippur. But I'll veer on the side of caution and say that they weren't.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

+1 I don't understand why people are getting hopes up for something that 99.99% chance is not going to happen within the next few months, if ever.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There will be no camera in the iPod touch until at least after Christmas, probably February or next september if ever. The only reason why there are rumors of an October update is before the current iPod touch was released in September a few iPod accessory makers who knew absolutely nothing about Apple's plans announced cases based on the current rumors of what the iPod would be with release dates for the cases in October.

6. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

7. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

If Apple planned on doing an event in the coming weeks, they would have announced it to the press already.

/thread

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

not 100% true, the iPod event wasn't announced till only 5 or 6 days before it was held. Apple keeps it quiet till the last week, because they still want people to buy their current products till the end.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ But still, you're not going to see another new iPod this year. I mean, it doesn't even make sense for that to happen. Do you think the outraged little whiners really would change this fact?

10. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Same reason the Ipod announcement this year was on Wednesday, the previous monday (ie the 12th in this case) is a US Federal Holiday.

-Tig

11. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Like others have said, I think it is very unlikely that Apple would introduce new iPods before Christmas.

13. hampstenj macrumors newbie

and just where are these rumors??? I haven't seen them on any site so if you got the rumors post em!

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

trust me, I totally agree with you on that and I don't think there will be a new one, not even till september '10. If there will be a camera, it will come out then, Apple isn't going to release an iPod like that without an event and they aren't going to make an event just for that unless something new and exciting really comes out... a tablet? Which I have my doubts on that too.

15. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

The least they'll do is announce the return of the 16GB in place of the current 8GB at $199.

If they do bring out the iPod touch w/camera, it'll steal the whole show. Which I think Apple wouldn't want.

It's still too early to update the touch. The latest I expect is by February. If not by then, September when the next keynote is.

16. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

If they had no knowledge of the camera then how were they able to make cases with camera holes? Did they simply guess and hope they were right?

17. nuhusky001 macrumors newbie

Exactly

Yes They do... Exactly. Its a gamble as a business, if you guess right and are the first one on the shelves, CHA-CHING. Since making cases is not very hard, everybody does it, the only advantage (major) is that you're on the shelf first with the logo. "3rd Gen iPod Touch"

And they had "knowledge" of a camera by reading the same sites you and I do.

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

yes they guessed they saw that sites like macrumors had rumors going around that cameras would be added so they based their designs on the best rumors they could find and took the gamble, and this time they lost.

19. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Most likely they were given spec sheets (blue prints) from Apple...

In my mind, the Touch with a camera is more than just a rumor. :cool:

20. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I wouldn't count on a media event for updated iMacs, Minis, and MacBooks. I don't expect enough of a product redesign or technology advance to warrant anything beyond a press release.

And I certainly wouldn't count on updated iPod Touches with Cameras. The soonest we'd see those will be at Not!MacWorld in January. And that's not very likely.

21. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This thread should have been closed a while ago. It's not going to happen (soon) and the 14th is not a Tuesday.

22. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I'm pretty much expecting an October event for Mac updates. The signs point to coming updates and they announced one last year about this time with 4 days notice. If I'm wrong, it's no skin off my nose as I'm not really in the market for anything new right now.

If there is going to be an iPod Touch with a camera, you can expect it at next September's iPod event and not before.

23. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I dont think the camera enabled touch will come out until sept '10. Apple is finishing up the new macs and will release them soon. Then their undivided attention is going to go to the tablet finishing up and solidifing its early 2010 release.

24. hampstenj macrumors newbie

Ipod touch event did not happen on a Tuesday either.... As was noted in several threads, EVEN if they are going to have an media event on that day it is because the Monday prior is a US federal Holiday for the guy who needed an GPS... Oh yes Christopher Columbus day.

I don't expect an ipod touch camera release till Jan 2010 at the earliest, but if for some odd and wierd reason Apple does decide to release a camera this month I won't complain.