Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Since we just seen the September 2014 event with the iphone 6 and Apple Watch unveiling, what do you expect to see during the October unveiling?

Remember: This is suppose to be the "Best Year" ever from Eddie Cue's perspective right?

What do you think we will see?

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Yes, iPad updates, but if Eddy Cue said, "The best yet since he started with Apple.." Then there has to be more than what we have seen for this year.

The Apple watch and the iphone 6 is NOT the best...

Yes, Apple has hired a lot of people to do marketing and media stuff as well as replace a few people to help to make up for what they lost when Jobs died. We saw this year more "leaks"-probably staged, interviews (which did not happen before) and other media tricks to help build the company's image. They have hired people to hopefully help with innovation. We saw a "hipped out" launch event with its glamor...a few days ago...but not much meat to it...

Too much "distorted reality field...

But...

What will make this year the "best ever"? The Apple Watch...no.

So who will keep Apple accountable for this stuff? We cannot say the consumer, for we have little choice to not buy if we are attached to their ecosystem. We have to continue to buy OS X iOS and its hardware UNLESS you want to go to Microsoft, but is not an option.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Regarding Macs, I'm expecting a heavy focus on the mini and iMac, with the expected MBP and MBA refreshes.

Regarding Apple products as a whole, I'm also anticipating iPad refreshes, at LEAST a UI update to the Nano to bring it in line with Apple's new design language, if not more, a new iPod touch (upgraded with the A7 chip, possibly even a plastic body like the 5C).

Hopefully a new iPod to replace the classic or larger capacity touches (128/256)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Since we just seen the September 2014 event with the iphone 6 and Apple Watch unveiling, what do you expect to see during the October unveiling?

Remember: This is suppose to be the "Best Year" ever from Eddie Cue's perspective right?

What do you think we will see?

In other words, it's going to be a normal year with regular updates to certain products.

With that said new iPads and maybe a new Mac mini?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
New iPads with Touch ID

Maybe new Apple TV

They just updated MBA and Mbp so if anything it'd be the rumored 12 inch computer whatever it may be. Won't go on sale til 2015 though.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
If the iMac gets refreshed at all in the near future, ie before the beginning of November 2014, the best we can hope for is a very minor Haswell processor clock speed bump, along with the inclusion of TB2.

And maybe, just maybe an increase from the barely adequate 128GB of PCIe memory in the Fusion drives, to 256GB, which would make them a more realistic and workable alternative for power users, to the still prohibitively-priced SSD-only option.

Alternatively, Apple could modestly lower prices for these SSD-only options, or instead offer a very minor price cut in the range of $50-$100 for all iMac models across the board, with the exception perhaps of the recently added entry level 21" model.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
I'm thinking iPads with Touch ID. Possibly updated iMac with Yosemite.

But, I'm hoping the Apple Watch gets a little more stage time too. - Whilst I wait all year for a new iPhone.. the October events has a little more mystery to it!

I like that!

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I think the :apple:watch was focused on the "look" more so then function because the are still working out the bugs and just did some fake "smoke and mirrors" like the first iphone presentation. Plus, they did not want their competition to starting working on anything (copying after tearing one apart) until the watch actually is release.

I have a gut feeling that the mac mini may not get any play right now, for since it is a low priority for Apple, they may want to extend a refresh until Broadwell is settled and no earlier than mid-2015. , Then they can wait another three years for an upgrade. People are still buying the current outdated mac mini because they have no choice right now for those that need a low end system.

Apple has their priority focused on expanding their reach into other markets beyond the computer-Tech industry, just look at the new hires as of lately...

What needs to happen in October so Eddie Cue can keep face (of course no one will hold him accountable for what he said a few months ago) is this to make the best year yet for Apple:

iphone 6 & Apple Watch (still subpar in my opinion)

All product lines get massive updates: Intel releases Broadwell early for Apple

- Retina cinema displays (or 4k-5K monitors)

- Retina imacs

- Apple TV...? (dream on...)

- New Macbook Air that is fan-less, redesign (though the current design is perfect already) with Retina and the new rumored keyboard-less and new trackpad

- 128 gig and 256 gig iPods...to replace the Classic...

- iPads with 2 gig memory

and of course:

- new mac mini with a new design looking like a Mini-me of the mac pro.

-Yosemite out with full functionality with less bugs (Mavericks still is overall a better experience so far in my opinion).

Then..all products are the latest and greatest and updated for another year at least...

That would be the best year ever... :apple:

Last edited:

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
[...]

- Apple TV...? (dream on...)

[...]

- 128 gig and 256 gig iPods...to replace the Classic...

- iPads with 2 gig memory

[...]

Why no Apple TV according to you? It seems Apple has actively in the recent months updated their software with a slew a programming. If many of these deal rumors are true, then the Apple TV announcement can be Steve's finally "cracked" home TV solution.

Also, keep dreaming with the 256GB iPods.... not gonna happen soon. 2GB RAM iPad? No. Just no. If the A8 is 1GB for the iPhone 6, then it'll be the same (albeit slightly-faster clocked version) one as the iPads.

loby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Why no Apple TV according to you? It seems Apple has actively in the recent months updated their software with a slew a programming. If many of these deal rumors are true, then the Apple TV announcement can be Steve's finally "cracked" home TV solution.

Software updates for the software...probably, but as far as an actual TV...no

Apple still has not broken the cable industry and cannot justify having people spend thousands for a TV+'home project' current apple TV small box 'thing'.

Possibly why they bought 'Beats' because they may have ties with people in other places beside the hip-hop market. The related industries are 'close knit' and people party with each other and have 'bed buddies' etc. so may be more of a reason to spend billion(s) on just head phones..they really did not buy 'head phones' but their 'contact list' buddies.

Remember: Apple has everyone's 'contacts' and 'calendars' and knows what everyone does etc. so they know who talks to who...privacy?!? yea right..

If there are any updates to the current Apple TV, it will be just software and 'maybe' a little spec update, but no redesign...(just my thoughts)

If the big Apple TV comes out soon...then no need to work on redesign for the current Apple TV and just do software updates only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.