October 4th event

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supermac96, Sep 27, 2011.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

So at this October 4 th iPhone event or will it be iPods and iOS too? Also would it be likely that ios5 would releaseon October 4th?

2. Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

iOS 5 GM will be released. Public release will likely be within a week after the GM.

Nobody knows anything else. You know what we do re: what will be announced at the event.

3. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Whatever is posted on the front page of MacRumors is what we know.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I don't think we will see any iPods at the event. The invite makes it pretty clear that it's all about the iPhone.

Maybe in a couple weeks we will see minor spec bumps to the various models (A5 in the touch, more storage or lower prices in the other models). If it doesn't happen by the end of october, then it probably won't happen this year.

5. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

iPhone 5 will be announced along with a release date and an iOS 5 release date of either October 10th or 11th probably. GM will be released at the event.

EDIT: Yeah, there's no iPod icon with a "1" on it. :p

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I think iPods may be talked about briefly or they could just do a refresh of the iPod by adding a white iPod Touch silently.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Do iPod's still need an Event? the Mac's don't (a Press Release has been good enough for the last few years).

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

True, maybe they're changing the way they're doing things now since Cook is in the house. I believe they may still do something for the iPods since the Touch is a huge revenue generator for Apple.

10. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I don't think the iPod still needs an event. I love my iPod and when it dies I'll buy another, but I don't need a big media event to keep me posted on it's evolution. The only thing I desire is wifi syncing for the iPod classic (which we'll probably never see). Other than that I don't care much- my iPod spends most of the time in my glovebox.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

This is true. iPhone serves as an excellent iPod touch, but its still an excellent product to get during xmas.

12. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

It may be like last year where ipod touch gets a few minutes of showtime and other ipods also get a few minutes and thats it.

They will definetly talk about ipods, it wouldn't make sense for them not to.

13. saberahul macrumors 68040

Sigh... the wait :( Well, it's not that far off but wouldn't it be nice if the final release was to come out on the 4th? I mean... it's only a day after my birthday :)