Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DagNabbitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2017
near Seattle
After upgrading my MacBook Pro to Mojave, on every boot-up, I get this notice:

"InfiniteHD.app" wants access to control "System Events.app". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "System Events.app", and to perform actions within that app. [Don't Allow] [OK]

InfiniteHD is made by Octoshare. AppClean/Uninstaller does not detect it. Spotlight Search does not find it. I do not know how to edit my start-up routine. All I find on the internet are fake "uninstallers" that promise to uninstall anything you are looking for (and install something worse). There is advice that this is adware and one source says it is an add-on to Chrome which I do not have installed. I finally found where it is by checking "System Info".

It is listed under "Legacy Software". So now I don't know what to think - should I allow it to have access or should I delete it? Thanks

-------------------------------------
InfiniteHD.app:
sua-1702150-0-InfiniteMediaAcceleration_SUA:

Last Used: 2018-10-28 17:55:33
Path: /Users/DSB_MacBookPro/Library/Octoshape/InfiniteHD.app/Contents/MacOS/sua-1702150-0-
InfiniteMediaAcceleration_SUA
Parent Process: /Users/DSB_MacBookPro/Library/Octoshape/InfiniteHD.app/Contents/MacOS/OctoshapeClient

OctoshapeClient:
Path: /Users/DSB_MacBookPro/Library/Octoshape/InfiniteHD.app/Contents/MacOS/OctoshapeClient
Parent Process: /Users/DSB_MacBookPro/Library/Octoshape/InfiniteHD.app/Contents/MacOS/OctoshapeClient

Last edited:

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
After upgrading my MacBook Pro to Mojave, on every boot-up, I get this notice:

"InfiniteHD.app" wants access to control "System Events.app". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "System Events.app", and to perform actions within that app. [Don't Allow] [OK]

InfiniteHD is made by Octoshare. AppClean/Uninstaller does not detect it. Spotlight Search does not find it. I do not know how to edit my start-up routine. All I find on the internet are fake "uninstallers" that promise to uninstall anything you are looking for (and install something worse). There is advice that this is adware and one source says it is an add-on to Chrome which I do not have installed. I finally found where it is by checking "System Info".

It is listed under "Legacy Software". So now I don't know what to think - should I allow it to have access or should I delete it? Thanks

InfiniteHD.app:
sua-1702150-0-InfiniteMediaAcceleration_SUA:

Path: /Users/DSB_MacBookPro/Library/Octoshape/InfiniteHD.app/Contents/MacOS/sua-1702150-0-
InfiniteMediaAcceleration_SUA

OctoshapeClient:
Path: /Users/DSB_MacBookPro/Library/Octoshape/InfiniteHD.app/Contents/MacOS/OctoshapeClient
I would delete it.

DS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.