Odd tracking issue with order???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Adamlovesu, May 27, 2011.

1. Adamlovesu macrumors newbie

Hey guys first time posting here :) just ordered a new 2011 iMac topnof the line model 27 inch with an i7 .. Normally on all my orders I watch my tracking... Ordered on 20th of may shipped on 24th supposedly will be here on June 1... First it's going between two cal locations then the next day 25th.. Made it's way to Reno and is saying .. In transit , Reno nv.. And it's said that ever since and hasn't updated at all? Package is going to ny

2. Bear macrumors G3

If it's going ground, it's most likely on a long haul truck and probably won't get scanned again until it gets to a hub where it changes what truck it's on.

3. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah I see so this is normal then? It's been about 3 days since any update at all....

4. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Eh, crazy stuff like that happens. I live in southern California. And when I was tracking my iMac, I noticed it shipped from Union City, went NORTH to Oakland, and then back to Union City before it finally made it's way down south to me.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Yes it's normal. With an expected delivery of June 1, you might not see any more updates until May 31 depending on where you live. And that presumes the package is on time and no delays happened.

6. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah thanks for the quick responses and comfort I can now rest easy knowing all is on track lol first Mac so getting a little ansy.

7. phlydude macrumors regular

phlydude

same thing happened to me and another guy - the macs looked like they were in Reno but showed up once they got close to home - being in NY, yours may show up again in Lewisberry, PA (outside of Harrisburg) - once it is there, 1 business day to delivery!

8. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys , it's now the day before the expected delivery date of the iMac.... And it still is saying Reno nv lol... Is there something I should or can do??

9. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

my mac mini is doing same. I can tell you I have ordered more then 60 computers from apple, since 2006. one or two were cancelled. and on or two were a day late.

remember fedex had a monday holiday and in many areas they deliver on sat instead of monday. since monday was the normal day off they may get tue off. thus tracking info is wacky for this week.

I am thinking my mini will come on the 2nd not the first. Don't keep looking you will go nuts. Take a look tonight thats what I am going to do.

10. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind just got somewhere close whew after so many days you get worried lulz

11. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got to keasbury nj lol not only 20 minutes ago .. Whew tbh Ive never experienced something like this... Ground shipping blows :D aha also with ups I've never had any issues either... It's always cedes who just leaves items by the door in the rain without so much as a knock or ring... And ends up delivering at 8 pm making you wait all day... Ups is always here by 1 and never Kate ... Always the same guy who's nice and always rings....

12. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

mini is now in pa due on wed. funny thing as i posted don't worry to you the time was 3:23, fedex updated the tracking at 3:23 how about that for timing!

13. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Not trying to scare anyone but when FedEx shipped my mac (MBP 17") the delivery guy came into my apartment complex tried, couldn't find my apartment and then proceeded to write in the log that the customer was not at home and that he had left a doortag. :mad::mad::mad:
    Livid is pretty much how I would describe my emotions then.

14. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh god lol ive never had an experience like that lol I live in an apartment yes but it's actually a rented house. So I wouldn't say it's like a complex ... More like a strip of houses and mines at the end so perfect :) no worries I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up no prob next day... Damn fedex....

15. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol very odd but fortunate:) still says it has just arrived at the office but I'm sure it has shipped out already should be by me in just under 3 hours then tomorrow is the longest wait of all lol.

16. Brown Trout, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011

Brown Trout macrumors member

You are doing good. Mine shipped on 27 May and the last scan was 28 May. I won't hear anything until at least Thursday 2 June when it hits the local facility and if I am lucky and I join you this week, my unboxing will be on Friday. Or Saturday at the latest - nice FedEx ground is the shipper and they deliver on Saturdays//

17. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

Wth?!!!! It left from keasby and was at avenel nj and said local fedex facility and now says out for delivery???? I live in ny?????

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Where at in NY?

Avenel is near the border NJ/NY border. If you live near the border in NY, it's entirely possible that the sort facility in NJ is your local facility.

19. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

ah ok seems as though that was just a main headquarters aha i now have the imac in my possesion :) thanks all for the comfort ;):apple: