Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
I'm getting a delay when pressing the off button before the phone actually goes to sleep. Happens even with the Apple pay side button shortcut disabled. Is this now a "feature"?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I'm getting a delay when pressing the off button before the phone actually goes to sleep. Happens even with the Apple pay side button shortcut disabled. Is this now a "feature"?
Delay like what? A minute or like a second?

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
Found the problem. It's Siri.

Go to Settings...Accessibility...Side Button. Under Press and Hold to Speak, click "Off."

No more delay. That's assuming you turned off Apple pay access, too.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Huh, weird. I remember this happening last year when I got the iPhone X. Turning off the Apple Pay double-click fixed it for me.

However, now I have enabled it on the iPhone XS. Trying both side-by-side, there is no difference. And no delay as far as I can see.
[doublepost=1537826562][/doublepost]
Found the problem. It's Siri.

Go to Settings...Accessibility...Side Button. Under Press and Hold to Speak, click "Off."

No more delay. That's assuming you turned off Apple pay access, too.
That’s weird. Mine is on and still no delay. There’s no difference even when I turn that option off or on.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
Huh, weird. I remember this happening last year when I got the iPhone X. Turning off the Apple Pay double-click fixed it for me.

However, now I have enabled it on the iPhone XS. Trying both side-by-side, there is no difference. And no delay as far as I can see.
[doublepost=1537826562][/doublepost]
That’s weird. Mine is on and still no delay. There’s no difference even when I turn that option off or on.

It is weird. I turned it off, and the delay disappeared. Then I turned it on again, and like you, still no delay.

I'm stumped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.