Offical Mac OS X 10.5 shipping status - Via Apple's "Up To Date" program

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Eric Lewis, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

I ordered last thurs and mine has nothing yet (not shipped)

and it will be shipped by:26th...

so hopefully it will come on the 26th...before the weekend

whats ur status?

THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ORDERED UP TO DATE! PLEASE!

2. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Mine just changed to "Priority Overnite" (lol @ nite) thank goodness. I'm glad I pre-ordered with Apple instead of Amazon.

Err isn't there a similar thread already?

3. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

mine is still not shipped?

this is for UPGRADE DISKS FOR 9.95

MAC OS X 10.5 UTD FULFILLMENT-INT
    Ships by: OCTOBER 26TH

4. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Mine shows Priority Overnight as well with a delivery date of 10/26. I wonder what the odds are that it will ship a day sooner? What a nice surpise that would be on Thursday. :)

EDIT: Mine is not for the "up-to-date" program, sorry.

5. Twinsbb17 macrumors member

I bet Apple upgraded all of them to Priority Overnite so the actual boxes don't leave their warehouse til that night and arrive on the 26th to prevent people from getting a day early.

I think I can handle not getting it a day early, even though it would be sweet.

6. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I just checked my status and it says:

ships by: DELIVERS ON OCT 26th

Notice how it says "Delivers On" and not delivers by.

- James

7. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

well for the actual leopard...u have to order it by the 24th by midnight
    and it would be shipped 12:01am on the 25..and then people would get it on the 26th

the only way you could get it on the 25th if you lived near where they are being sent out off

BTW: im in CANADA

8. joebells macrumors 6502

Thanks for the thread but I think that we need to bold the up to date part and/or somehow emphasize that this is for 9.95 orders. I feel those that have posted in this thread so far and said they were getting upgraded shipping and such were for regular orders. I think 9.95 in the title might help the most.

9. RafMac macrumors regular

Mine says Ships by Oct. 26, but 2 days after ordering the upgrade, another box appeared, "Cancelled - Replaced with new product", Anyone else has similar thing happened? Part number is same.
    I believe apple will ship the product Wednesday afternoon or Thursday.

Attached Files:

10. rmh macrumors regular

It was just an error in the store. Leopard will ship out from warehouses on Thursday, and arrive Friday.

11. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

Im in UK and mine says it wont arrive here until 29th or 30th! luckily a mate is buying it from a store so I will use his disc to install it! (unless theyve finally started using serial numbers!)

12. AppleCrisp macrumors member

The same box appeared for me. However, it says ships by October 26th, and it says shipping takes 6-10 days or something like that. Does this mean the Up-To-Date-ers are getting it next week? Because for all of the normal Leopard buyers it says Delivers on the 26th while ours just says ships by. Anyone know what is up?

13. seanneko macrumors member

Mine didn't do the cancelled thing - the product is still the original one that I ordered.

I asked Apple why UTD copies have a ship date of 26th and they refused to answer. If people don't get them until next week at the earliest, I suspect that quite a few people who ordered UTD copies will find alternate ways of obtaining it in the meantime...

14. Podgy macrumors member

Podgy

Omg

Just checked my status on my full Leopard order...
    Its gone from "Not yet shipped" to PREPARED for SHIPMENT!

Ohhh I need a short coma to get me to Friday....
    But what if it comes Thursday or tomorrow?

Podgy in Japan
    (signing out)

15. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

The online status chick states "Ships by 26th", but the PDF reciept/ shipping order Apple e-mailed me states "Delivered on 26th", so who knows.

I won't kill my self if I have to wait a day or two anyway, so I will see if anly one had installation problems.

16. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Mine has also went to "prepared for shipment," and the shipping is "priority overnite."

I suspect it will go out Thursday and be delivered AM Friday.

17. klb028 macrumors 6502

Mine has been changed to Prepared for Shipment! I put my order in yesterday.

18. mm1250 macrumors 6502

I ordered my Up-To-Date Mac and I have a feeling they are going to SEND IT out on the 26th and it will take 5days to deliver afterwards. Meaning we won't see it till Nov 2nd.

If we were to get our shipment on the 26th than Apple would need to ship out our CDs by today since they are doing the Up-to-dates via Ground.

grrrrrrr. I shoulda just ordered my MacBook Pro after the 26th. I ordered mine last Friday.

19. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Ordered mine first day available from Apple.

"prepared for shipment" and delivers ON 10/26

Priority overnight

20. joebells macrumors 6502

Podgy
    powerbook911
    katielb
    legaleye3000

did you guys order the free upgrade copy or are you guys posting in the wrong thread? I read your comments and get excited then realise that you are probably posting in the wrong thread. There is a thread for the full retail copy and this thread meant for the upgrade copy which just requires 9.95 shipping. If you guys did order the upgrade copy then I apologise and am excited.

21. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Joebells-

I ordered the full retail copy... If you look at the thread title, it does not state anything about an upgrade. If you would like, you are welcome to start a thread that is properly titled with the word "upgrade" or something related to the shipping of the upgrade version.

22. zign macrumors 6502

zign

They are the same version...

23. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Thanks Zign, that helps prove my point even more.

Pisses me off when people tell someone they're posting in wrong thread when they're not...

24. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

People please pay attention, this thread is for UP TO DATE purchases for new Mac owners (that purchased a Mac after Oct. 1). Those that paid $9.95 for the upgrade.

This is not for those of you who purchased RETAIL copies of the O/S.

Currently, NO ONE who purchased the upgrade from the Up-to-Date program has had their shipping upgraded to Priority Overnight.

According to Apple's Web site, Up-to-Date discs will ship out via USPS (in the U.S.). Therefore, Apple can't guarantee a certain delivery date, and from the looks of it they are not even going to begin shipping until Oct. 26.

These are the shipping threads for those of you who purchased RETAIL copies.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=373203
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=371221

Mods: Can you clean this thread up, and maybe clarify the title? Thanks.

25. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Well the title to me could be misleading because I read it as "up to date, meaning up to the minute or up to date shipping statuses"