Offical Mac OS X 10.5 shipping status - Via Apple's "Up To Date" program

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I ordered last thurs and mine has nothing yet (not shipped)

and it will be shipped by:26th...

so hopefully it will come on the 26th...before the weekend

whats ur status?

THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ORDERED UP TO DATE! PLEASE!

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
Mine just changed to "Priority Overnite" (lol @ nite) thank goodness. I'm glad I pre-ordered with Apple instead of Amazon.

Err isn't there a similar thread already?

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
Mine just changed to "Priority Overnite" (lol @ nite) thank goodness. I'm glad I pre-ordered with Apple instead of Amazon.

Err isn't there a similar thread already?
mine is still not shipped?

this is for UPGRADE DISKS FOR 9.95

MAC OS X 10.5 UTD FULFILLMENT-INT
Ships by: OCTOBER 26TH

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
Mine shows Priority Overnight as well with a delivery date of 10/26. I wonder what the odds are that it will ship a day sooner? What a nice surpise that would be on Thursday. :)

EDIT: Mine is not for the "up-to-date" program, sorry.

Twinsbb17

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
Woodbury, MN
I bet Apple upgraded all of them to Priority Overnite so the actual boxes don't leave their warehouse til that night and arrive on the 26th to prevent people from getting a day early.

I think I can handle not getting it a day early, even though it would be sweet.

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I just checked my status and it says:

ships by: DELIVERS ON OCT 26th

Notice how it says "Delivers On" and not delivers by.

- James

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I bet Apple upgraded all of them to Priority Overnite so the actual boxes don't leave their warehouse til that night and arrive on the 26th to prevent people from getting a day early.

I think I can handle not getting it a day early, even though it would be sweet.
well for the actual leopard...u have to order it by the 24th by midnight
and it would be shipped 12:01am on the 25..and then people would get it on the 26th

the only way you could get it on the 25th if you lived near where they are being sent out off

BTW: im in CANADA

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
Thanks for the thread but I think that we need to bold the up to date part and/or somehow emphasize that this is for 9.95 orders. I feel those that have posted in this thread so far and said they were getting upgraded shipping and such were for regular orders. I think 9.95 in the title might help the most.

RafMac

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
Ontario
Mine says Ships by Oct. 26, but 2 days after ordering the upgrade, another box appeared, "Cancelled - Replaced with new product", Anyone else has similar thing happened? Part number is same.
I believe apple will ship the product Wednesday afternoon or Thursday.

Attachments

rmh

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Texas
Mine says Ships by Oct. 26, but 2 days after ordering the upgrade, another box appeared, "Cancelled - Replaced with new product", Anyone else has similar thing happened? Part number is same.
It was just an error in the store. Leopard will ship out from warehouses on Thursday, and arrive Friday.

CavemanUK

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2006
Rhyl, North Wales
Im in UK and mine says it wont arrive here until 29th or 30th! luckily a mate is buying it from a store so I will use his disc to install it! (unless theyve finally started using serial numbers!)

AppleCrisp

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
The same box appeared for me. However, it says ships by October 26th, and it says shipping takes 6-10 days or something like that. Does this mean the Up-To-Date-ers are getting it next week? Because for all of the normal Leopard buyers it says Delivers on the 26th while ours just says ships by. Anyone know what is up?

seanneko

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
The same box appeared for me. However, it says ships by October 26th, and it says shipping takes 6-10 days or something like that. Does this mean the Up-To-Date-ers are getting it next week? Because for all of the normal Leopard buyers it says Delivers on the 26th while ours just says ships by. Anyone know what is up?
Mine didn't do the cancelled thing - the product is still the original one that I ordered.

I asked Apple why UTD copies have a ship date of 26th and they refused to answer. If people don't get them until next week at the earliest, I suspect that quite a few people who ordered UTD copies will find alternate ways of obtaining it in the meantime...

Podgy

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
Tokyo surprisingly
Omg

Just checked my status on my full Leopard order...
Its gone from "Not yet shipped" to PREPARED for SHIPMENT!

Ohhh I need a short coma to get me to Friday....
But what if it comes Thursday or tomorrow?

Podgy in Japan
(signing out)

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
I ordered last thurs and mine has nothing yet (not shipped)

and it will be shipped by:26th...

so hopefully it will come on the 26th...before the weekend

whats ur status?
The online status chick states "Ships by 26th", but the PDF reciept/ shipping order Apple e-mailed me states "Delivered on 26th", so who knows.

I won't kill my self if I have to wait a day or two anyway, so I will see if anly one had installation problems.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Mine has also went to "prepared for shipment," and the shipping is "priority overnite."

I suspect it will go out Thursday and be delivered AM Friday.

mm1250

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2007
I ordered my Up-To-Date Mac and I have a feeling they are going to SEND IT out on the 26th and it will take 5days to deliver afterwards. Meaning we won't see it till Nov 2nd.

If we were to get our shipment on the 26th than Apple would need to ship out our CDs by today since they are doing the Up-to-dates via Ground.

grrrrrrr. I shoulda just ordered my MacBook Pro after the 26th. I ordered mine last Friday.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
Ordered mine first day available from Apple.

"prepared for shipment" and delivers ON 10/26

Priority overnight

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
Podgy
powerbook911
katielb
legaleye3000

did you guys order the free upgrade copy or are you guys posting in the wrong thread? I read your comments and get excited then realise that you are probably posting in the wrong thread. There is a thread for the full retail copy and this thread meant for the upgrade copy which just requires 9.95 shipping. If you guys did order the upgrade copy then I apologise and am excited.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
Joebells-

I ordered the full retail copy... If you look at the thread title, it does not state anything about an upgrade. If you would like, you are welcome to start a thread that is properly titled with the word "upgrade" or something related to the shipping of the upgrade version.

zign

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
London
Joebells-

I ordered the full retail copy... If you look at the thread title, it does not state anything about an upgrade. If you would like, you are welcome to start a thread that is properly titled with the word "upgrade" or something related to the shipping of the upgrade version.
They are the same version...

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
Thanks Zign, that helps prove my point even more.

Pisses me off when people tell someone they're posting in wrong thread when they're not...

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
People please pay attention, this thread is for UP TO DATE purchases for new Mac owners (that purchased a Mac after Oct. 1). Those that paid $9.95 for the upgrade.

This is not for those of you who purchased RETAIL copies of the O/S.

Currently, NO ONE who purchased the upgrade from the Up-to-Date program has had their shipping upgraded to Priority Overnight.

According to Apple's Web site, Up-to-Date discs will ship out via USPS (in the U.S.). Therefore, Apple can't guarantee a certain delivery date, and from the looks of it they are not even going to begin shipping until Oct. 26.

These are the shipping threads for those of you who purchased RETAIL copies.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=373203
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=371221

Mods: Can you clean this thread up, and maybe clarify the title? Thanks.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
Well the title to me could be misleading because I read it as "up to date, meaning up to the minute or up to date shipping statuses"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.