Office 2k4 Black Friday Deal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elcid, Jan 19, 2008.

1. elcid macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone got their check back from this deal yet. I sent all the information in but for some reason I must have sent in the wrong part of the cover.

So for anyone that received their rebate, what part did you turn in for proof of purchase?

2. temtexdent macrumors member

I got $100 check this week.

If I remember correctly, I sent the plastic cover with the serial # / bar code... but that was almost 2 months ago and my memory is very fuzzy...

3. K4VKS macrumors newbie

i received my rebate check yesterday. I sent in a copy of the top label that has the barcode and serial #'s along with a copy of the receipt.

4. dborja macrumors 6502a

Got mine about two weeks ago. Sent in the box top, I think...

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I received my check today. Woohoo, dinner on Microsoft!

For the rebate, the booklet cover was required.

For the 2008 version, the boxtop and barcode were required.

6. elcid thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, I sent in the booklet cover and I got a letter saying that it was the wrong thing. WTF, calling them Tuesday. Ugh.

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Just got the same letter. I triple checked each form (for the BFD and the '08 deal) and made sure each got the correct proof. Front cover (gray page) for the BFD $100 and the top plastic bar/code & box top for the '08 upgrade deal.

Guess I'll be on the phone on Monday. :mad:

edit: more people getting the same letter - http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?p=443286

Attached is the proof of purchase I sent in:

Attached Files:

8. akadmon macrumors 68010

Got my check this week.

Anybody got their Office 2008 in the mail yet? I wonder why MS did not make it avialbale for download to folks like us who pre-ordered :confused: Stupid that they're making us wait up to 8 weeks.

9. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

Got the "You forgot the front page of the manual" letter too. Do I really need Office?

10. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I'm still running Office X. I only opened the 2004 for the BFD and upgrade. I figured for $50 I'd get '08. I'll most likely keep using iWork, anyway, unless a document forces me to Office.

Anyone else starting to think the acronym BFD has little to do with Black Friday? ;)