Office Mac 04 vs iWork

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaMi, May 11, 2008.

1. MaMi macrumors newbie

I recently bought a Office Mac program for one user and installed it. Just realized that I could've gone the route with iWork saved a litle money and stayed with a mac program instead. Is iWork any better than Office Mac? Would I be able to uninstall from my mac and perhaps sell and that person install it or am I stuck with it?

2. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

depends on your needs...if you see a future loaded with spreadsheets, powerpoints and word processing that must be Windows compatible, i'd say keep Office. if not, you can uninstall office by using the uninstaller that came with it or just drag it to the trash can.

3. jons macrumors 6502

I would say, if you don't need office, iWork is a great program with a lot of features. And it's simple and very streamlined.

- js

4. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

In my experience, pages is much better than word for what I do and I can export to .doc format if necessary.

Keynote is way better than powerpoint in so many ways and I don't share or collaborate on presentations, except where a mixed pc/mac environment is the norm.

The problem is that I've yet to find a replacement for excel. It's a shame, but there it is. Numbers just doesn't do it, except for the most basic functions.

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

iWork has limited compatibility with Office (you can export files as .doc etc) but for most stuff iWork is much more stable, faster, and easy to use. And its much cheaper as well.

6. dstearns96 macrumors member

dstearns96

Pages is better than Word, except spelling + grammar
    Keynote is better than Powerpoint, unless you are trying to share a file with a PC user (power point doesn't have all the transitions/builds keynote has)
    I don't know about Excel vs Numbers because I don't use them to their full capabilities, but they are the same for basic use

7. MaMi thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone know if I can sell and have someone reuse it if I uninstall the Office Mac since I bought just a one user software? I'm looking into getting iWork.