Official 16-core mac pro waiting club - now open

Lord Nerdos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Osaka
For all those who bought the current, and soon to be replaced, mac pro, a thread to focus on our next mac pros...

What would you guys like to see in the 3rd incarnation of the mac pro?:p

Gurutech

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2006
you are so out-dated.
I'm in 1025912384590128349128349012834901823409 cores Super Amazing all new Mac Pro club. :rolleyes:

Kpjoslee

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2007
Isn't it too early to talk about Nehalam based mac pros when penryn version is not even announced yet?

Rowlander

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2007
With 16 cores you could edit several video-projects simultaneously!

If only the human brain had 16 cores.

And you would need 32 hands.
That´s 320 fingers.

:D

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
Count me in! If the new Pro gets released in Jan, it will mean you'll be buying 07 tech in 08. To hell with that!

seany916

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2006
Southern California
Have you been under a rock for the past few years? They tried that and it didn't work... Or are you being ironic ;-)
Please don't make fun of my house. You may live in a high-rise bannana tree... but I happend to like my very sturdy rock. It stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter (due to great insulation and solar power). The roof is very sturdy and the upkeep is minimal.

For your information smarty pants, the Pentium II chip in my computer is more than powerful enough to handle all of my computing needs.

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Have you been under a rock for the past few years? They tried that and it didn't work... Or are you being ironic ;-)
LMFAO, I love reading the forums after a few drinks when the sarcasm and venom is flowing ;) I think its just me and my delight in human suffering..hehe. Its good for a few hours of my entertainment. :p:D

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Please don't make fun of my house. You may live in a high-rise bannana tree... but I happend to like my very sturdy rock. It stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter (due to great insulation and solar power). The roof is very sturdy and the upkeep is minimal.

For your information smarty pants, the Pentium II chip in my computer is more than powerful enough to handle all of my computing needs.
+ 10 Kudos for that reply.
+ 5 Bonus Kudos for the use of 'Smarty Pants'

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005

I'm glad you like your rock, and your Pentium II. You stick to your knitting and let the rest of us enjoy the dual core mass-bandwidth processor structure, m'kay?! ;-)

Eithanius

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2005
16-cores already....? Man you guys are fast.... :p

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to anticipate a 32-core... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.