Official facebook app crashing on iPad 3

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I don't remember FB ever crashing on iPad 2. Since I've gotten the 3, the app crashed about 10 times. Anyone else have this problem? It's not a huge deal for me, but my wife thinks I should've kept the iPad 2 since there is no difference between the two and FB used to work perfectly.:rolleyes:

McNicki

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
Same here. I haven't used it all that much yet, but today I was able to access facebook, select a notification and open a picture - but when I clicked in the comment box, facebook crashed immediately. No updates available on facebook. And no, that never happened on my iPad 2. hmmm

DaveOP

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Mine is working perfectly. Did you reinstall from a backup or anything? I downloaded right off the App Store and has not crashed since I got my iPad launch day.

dmccloud

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
That app crashed on both my iPhone 4s and new iPad, and crashed on my old iPad 2 as well. They seem to have done a sloppy job of coding the app.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
I've had the Facebook app crash on my iPad 3. However I have also had Safari crash several times, have a reproduceable crash in the iTunes store app, and several other apps have crashed at least once, so it's not alone.

NashMan2

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2009
It crashed on my iPad2 but it's worse on the new iPad. Almost everytime.
If you reed the app store reviews, an ongoing issue.

Safari is crashing more frequently too.

Demitra

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
Facebook never crashes on my iPad3...because it never gets past the logging in screen. Works pretty well on my 4s but very frustrating on new iPad

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
It never carshed for my on my iPad 2. But when I got the 3, I set it up as new and re-installed the app. It crashed like crazy. I have since taken that wifi iPad back and upgraded to a VZW. Set it up the same exact way as the first one and FB works perfectly. Not 1 crash since last Sunday. Just one of those things i guess.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2012
Crashed on my ipad2 all the time. It's just fb. You should add a poll on here. Seems like 50/50

Yggbert

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
App sucks on Android, sucks on iOS!

Just make a homescreen shortcut to the website, only downside is you don't get to use chat, in a way that's an upside since the official app doesn't let you sign out of chat anymore. :mad: