Official 'I can't wait for 2.0.1' thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    There are far too many glitches for 2.0 to even be considered an Apple product. Far too windows-like... I don't know if it has to do with the 3rd party developers or what, but I for one am sick of all the apps shutting down, randomly opening, slow response, and of course all those iphone restarts.

Of course I love my new iphone, but clearly 2.0 was rushed. I'm surprised Apple even released it as is.

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I have 2.0 to be more stable then I thought it would be

With the addition of apps and other features, did people really expect it to be anywhere near mistake free?

I had such low expectations and thought we would have MobileMe type problems but I really am not outside of a few apps crashing

3. mm1250 macrumors 6502

I've been quite annoyed that I almost have to reboot the phone daily.

4. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

you expected apple to release buggy software?? I thought it would be better than this. Especially because it was released about a month after most people thought it would.

5. apple. macrumors member

Apple need to fix the sms texting.
    its really annoying when i try to text but it lags me.
    :p
    and safari crashes ever 5 minutes or so.

6. Blackforge macrumors 6502

Well considering how little difference there is, performance wise, to Beta 3 that I had played with compared to the "final" release, I personally expected a lot better. I personally think they were too focused on getting the SDK and App Store out the door than ironing out the bugs.

Also the Enterprise features they touted still being sub-par. I've seen far too many Calendar issues, such as appointments that have already been accepted and placed in the Outlook Calendar showing up as Invitations. Not to mention that even though they have automatic Time Zone Support in Date and Time, but they still have a separate Time Zone setting for Calendar? Errr? If you've already sync'd and accept an invitation this will throw your Calendar out of whack if that Time Zone isn't set properly. The Enterprise features were their other main selling point (and the reason why the executives at my work all got one) and they really didn't focus enough effort. We tried to get on the beta for the Enterprise testing, but they wouldn't let us in because..... we weren't developing Apps.

I've even have had it reboot during a sync and after that fact hang at the Apple logo. Not to mention SMS alert sounds dropping out periodically...

So ultimately yes, I expected better after spending a few months on 1.1.4. Even with jailbreak apps it was more stable. At the moment I'm rebooting more than I had to on my Windows Mobile :p But I'm hopeful of course since I've seen what stable firmware can do.

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Yes, I did. I figured that with the slew of new features and programs that were going to be installed, there would be quite a bit of bugs.

I am surprised more didn't think along those lines to be honest.

I am not saying I expect a buggy piece of crap but I didn't expect to get a version that was mistake free

8. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Yea also, I have to stare at that damn apple for what seems like an hour whenever I need to reboot.

hyperbole's aside, it's probably a good 30-45 seconds... that doesn't seem normal to me...

9. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I'm tired of rebooting at least twice daily, and apps crashing/quitting about a dozen times. Of course it almost always happens when I'm showing the phone to someone else, or need to look up something for someone -- you have no idea how many "Yeah, I've heard the iPhone doesn't work very well" comments from people. This is NOT looking good for you, Apple -- give us 2.0.1 already!!

I seriously want to throw my phone across the room sometimes...

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Don't do it..... the screen will crack. And then you'll never know if 2.0.1 will make your iPhone work better.

Seriously though, I'm almost wishing I waited until 2.0.1 to update. It's really unbelievable how unstable 2.0 is compared to 1.1.4.

Here's hoping that Apple will give us the gift of 2.0.1 by Friday.

11. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

keep dreamin...going to be at least August 10ish

12. rioja macrumors regular

I agree.

It must be "all hands on deck" right now to fix the MobileMe mess. :p

13. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

14. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I hear you man; my boss's wife had a 1st gen iPhone and someone stole it off her desk at work. They ordered a DF 3G, and I was trying to show him Monkey Ball on my 3G, and it crashed on launch about 4 times in a row. Nice demo.. All the lagging in the phone app, contacts, sms, etc, along with all the crashes, and dropped calls has me occasionally wanting to chuck it at the concrete.. If the phone was stable and always worked, it would be so sweet, but it is such a cluster right now.. :(

15. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

The more I use my phone, the more lag it gets when typing and switching between apps. I am also wondering if battery life plays a part - I was down to below 10% battery life and the phone was seriously slow. Not sure if that would have any impact but I noticed it.

It does seem like apple has had a run of buggy software and bad qc with hardware lately.

16. rust.puppet macrumors regular

praying, i wont buy one till i stop hearing horror stories so often... i might end up waiting to be upgrade elligable at the end of december.

17. PDE macrumors 68020

I have to say too that I'm really disappointed in the update. The wonderful part of the the iphone is its fluid, smooth interface and now that seems gone - at least temporarily. I've been consistently annoyed with the slower interface and the more frequent crashes with basic Apple apps (camera, safari in particular) . I tried to downgrade yesterday but got too many error messages that I was worried and went back to 2.0. I hope Apple fixes the slowness, because to me it totally ruins the iphone experience.

18. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I hope 2.0.1 will fix issues and not create more.

Right now I find 2.0 very slow.
    *Tap* wait… *Tap* again… waits some more…
    Apple's iPhone ads are really very misleading as well. No way in hell any iPhone responds that quickly.

Safari still crashes — but not as often as with 1.1.4

19. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Yesterday there was at least a two second delay from the time I pushed a button until the iPhone did what I wanted. Trying to look up a contact and call her was a pain yesterday.

Here's hoping 2.0.1 will fix the lags. (Is it a memory leak?)

20. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

21. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I was considering downgrading too, though don't want to create even more trouble. How does one go about downgrading anyway?

22. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I'm there with you.

Bring on 2.0.1.

Like many others, I've been experiencing many, many annoying bugs.

1. I download an app from the App Store, and have to wait for it to install otherwise, if I click something, my phone reboots (Yes, This happened 3+ times a day).

2. I download an app from the App Store, and have to wait for it to install otherwise, if I click 'Settings', no actual settings materialise. (Yes, This happens 6+ times a day)

3. Safari Crashes - enough said.

4. Text Lag - enough said.

5. Application crashes - This is 2.0 stability, not the apps fault.

6. Lagged Scrolling - Scrolling the iPod and Photo apps sometimes lag.

I have reported all of the above bugs to Apple through their;

APPLE IPHONE FEEDBACK // BUG REPORT FORM.

If you expect these bugs, and others you have experienced, to get a fix in the next release of the software, I highly suggest you report them too.

Thanks,

R-Fly

23. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

I'd imagine they might be working to get something out prior to the 2nd wave of countries launching the iPhone 3G.

24. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I've got Pwnage 2.0.1 and my phone is running great ;)

(Yes, I know it's not the same as firmware upgrade 2.0.1)

It was running well before I jailbroke as well. I never had a 2G iPhone, so I had no comparison. Overall, I'm not disapointed with it's performance.