Official iPhone 4G/HD Pre-order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kyleb822, Jun 6, 2010.

1. kyleb822 macrumors member

kyleb822

I want to know who all will be pre-ordering the iPhone HD/4G when it is announced tomorrow? Who will be picking it up in store and who is having it shipped to their houses?

Also, from previous iPhone launches, how quickly did the first batch of pre-orders sell out? How many days will we have to pre-order it before they run out?

2. Illustrial macrumors member

Current phone contract ends in September. I'll assume they'll be out in the UK by then, and I really can't wait.

I think my friend is pre-ordering one as soon as possible however, so I'll be using his new phone more than I use mine :cool:

As for pre-order selling speed, I'm really not sure. This will be my first iPhone.

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I don't know. A few friends and I usually go wait the few hours in line on launch day, and we probably will again this year.

5. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I am going to go to AT&T tomorrow and try to transfer my family plan line on my parents plan to an individual line then preorder cause I am eligible to upgrade now :D

6. gigidey macrumors member

When did the pre orders start for the 3GS? The same day it was announced?

7. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Same here. :)

8. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Same here. Gonna have Engadget's live play-by-play in one tab, and Apple's site open in another.
    Wondering if I should sit at a computer in the Apple store and watch, and walk over and preorder when Steve says go :D

9. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Like last year, I'll pre-order for delivery after the announcement. No waiting in lines.

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I should do that haha.

11. Robbie G macrumors member

Hey guys,

Just a quick question if anyone knows - when you pre-order in the UK, do Apple charge your card immediately or when it's dispatched?

I'd really like to pre-order one straight away but I won't have the money available in my account until Wednesday.

Thanks.

12. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

They'll charge you when it ships. Maybe a day before.

13. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

14. Robbie G macrumors member

Great news, thanks a lot.

15. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Awesome! Another ipso facto official thread. I will be waiting in line because you meet a lot of cool people that way.

16. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I'll pre-order @ Apple.com for delivery, assuming it will arrive before June 24. Going out of town then, for a while.

17. AMcBroom81 macrumors regular

AMcBroom81

This very true, when my brother and I camped outside the AT&T store for our 3G iPhone's we met alot of cool people. talked about features, what color, and apple in general.

Was also looking over the pictures from our wait in line the other day, oh the memories. :D

18. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Pre-Ordering as soon as the store is back up to be shipped to my home. :D

I would love to do the whole in line experience again because I loved it when I got my 3G, but don't want to risk not being able to get it because I am only an authorized user on the account( since it has been hit and miss in terms of Apple Stores letting you buy it as an authorized user).

19. kyleb822 thread starter macrumors member

kyleb822

anyone know how fast the pre-orders usually sell out?

20. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

When you guys have pre-ordered in the past, when does the unit arrive? Is it the day it goes live or does it ship that day?

Can't wait. Hoping for a 64gb unit.

21. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

You get it the day it launches. Which means if it is a Friday with a most likely 6 PM launch, I'll get my iPhone HD before anyone else on the East Coast waiting in line because if Apple uses FedEx they get here normally at 10 am or UPS gets here at 2 PM. :)

22. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

I'll be picking mine up at the Apple store either in Seattle or Lynnwood on launch day if its the 25th, if launch day is the 18th, then it'll be a little after. If by some God send, its the 11th than it'll be on launch day in Providence

23. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Well that answers that. Unless by some miracle it goes live tomorrow, will definitely do a pre order.

For the original iPhone, guy 2 in front of me in line at the AT&T store got the last one and I want no chance of that. I did end up getting a phone at the apple store back in 07. But there were hours of frustration prior to that.

Can work from home Friday to make sure I get to greet the fedex guy. Not chancing a signature issue.

Let's hope for the 11th. 18th would be brutal.