Official Mac OS X Leopard Screenshot Thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheSpaz, Oct 25, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Now that more and more people are getting Leopard. Care to post as many of your own screenshots as possible? Unlike some people, I don't steal Mac OS X from BitTorrent so I have not had a chance to use it but, like other people, I would love to see more of the small enhancements and functions not quite mentioned on Apple.com. I know there's more than just the 300 features.

2. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I started this new topic because a lot of people were just talking about Leopard in the other thread. I wanted this one to just focus on Screenshots of Leopard by us users.

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

4. Whoshnot macrumors member

Something I discovered is that when pressing command-shift-4 the selection cross now displays which pixels you are actually selecting. It is a little detail but it might be useful for some people.

I can't make a screenshot of it though ... since you can only notice it when using the screenshot function itself.

5. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

What do you mean? In Tiger you get the gray box that shows what you're selecting. I'm not sure what you're describing here.

6. Whoshnot macrumors member

Yeah, I should have been more specific: it now shows the NUMBER of the pixels you're selecting. For example you want to make a 100x100 sized screenshot. Now the size of the selected box will be displayed right-under the selection cross.

7. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

8. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

Ah. Neat.

9. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

WOW, I wasnt even aware of that. I just thought it showed the pixel you were on when you started.

Edit - here we go. The final size of the highlighted part shows in the bottom right. That is really cool. There have been alot of times Ill try to crop something a certain size and its always a crap shoot.

Attached Files:

10. unity macrumors 6502a

Unrelated to Leopard and maybe a bit off-topic, but just a bit...

But I tried the apple-shift-4 in Tiger as I have done may times before, but instead of apple-period to cancel I hit the space bar and got a camera icon to take a photo of a specific window, even if it was behind another.

Anyone ever notice this? I have not seen this tip recently posted.

11. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

12. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I love this feature, adjusting picture size within Preview. Im always resizing pics for forums or emails or what have you and had to use a separate program to do that. Can do it within preview now.

Attached Files:

13. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's really cool! See, this is what I'm talking about... grab screenshots of stuff that we don't know about yet. I've seen the desktop plenty of times... I want more shots like this.

14. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Is there anything really specific you would like to see?

15. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

taken from the other screenshot thread

[​IMG]

"Here’s a typical Apple grace note: You can tell just by looking at a PDF file’s icon whether it’s longer than one page. The icon for a one-page PDF has a curled upper-right corner. But on a multi-page PDF, only the first page’s corner curls down. And in the gap it reveals, you can see a tiny bit of the *actual* page 2 showing."