Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
Another Month Down and another to go - this is quite repetitive isn't it? ;)

We are getting more guys signed up and making some headway in the annual challenges.

This month (if the Nike+ error's ever stop) the 2 challenges are for Family guy character and the second is a meat based challenge. Let me know if you did not get the invites. I send them but I get back a "Sorry Failure." note from the site, but when I go back I see some folks have accepted - so I do not know if it just sent some or all - let me know.

The weather is good and we need your miles to make up some distance and to be sure that everyone is in great shape for summer - in my hemisphere anyway. Sure the miles are piling up and the distances are getting longer - but there is good news once you can inch out some more distance the previous distance is old hat.

Good luck to everyone for May and enjoy the weather (in my hemi anyway) ;)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
thanks ziwi for all the work you've done. good job with coming up with new challenges.

i got the invites. i haven't visited the site yet today though. i'll join later.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
haha, these challenges are getting stranger and stranger. Fun, though. :)

I'm slowly - very slowly - getting back in to running, as my knees allow. So that's good. :)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
haha, these challenges are getting stranger and stranger. Fun, though. :)

I'm slowly - very slowly - getting back in to running, as my knees allow. So that's good. :)

yeah, maybe a little strange, but i like them. better than just the same "distance" challenge every month.

glad to hear you're slowly getting there. i still have my own problems

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Yep every month without fail Ziwi sets up the run's - i know how hard it is :p

so thanks for all your hard work

i'm looking forward to running loads this month ( well for me anyway )

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
i did my 2nd 5k this weekend and slow as it is at 34 min i do not hurt so bad :)

my leg is feeling better but i'm unsure which way to go : 5k faster or same speed longer distance ??
for the next 3-5 runs i plan on doing the 5k then if all is well then switch

whats best for coming back from injury

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
Well looks like I am back. After the sprained ankle I posted about the April Forum here I thought I would be back for 4-6 weeks but I was entered into the Bristol 10km.... after two weeks of rest and no traning I decided to go for it anyway!

And had a great race in very humid conditions, and was inside my projected time of 55:00 with 53:54. It was my first ever race.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i did my 2nd 5k this weekend and slow as it is at 34 min i do not hurt so bad :)

my leg is feeling better but i'm unsure which way to go : 5k faster or same speed longer distance ??
for the next 3-5 runs i plan on doing the 5k then if all is well then switch

whats best for coming back from injury

nice. at least you feel good.

well, you kinda have to come up with your own goals. which is more important to you?

Well looks like I am back. After the sprained ankle I posted about the April Forum here I thought I would be back for 4-6 weeks but I was entered into the Bristol 10km.... after two weeks of rest and no traning I decided to go for it anyway!

And had a great race in very humid conditions, and was inside my projected time of 55:00 with 53:54. It was my first ever race.

good job! glad to see that your ankle is better.

ddollar

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2007
finally got my mile under 7mins not really impressive but considering i started running regularly a month ago i am quite pleased

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i just wanted to say that, according to my spreadsheet, we are only 97 miles off pace for 25,000 miles for this year as a group. Here is a link to the spreadsheet. feel free to update or change anything.

everyone keep up the good work! ;)

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
i just wanted to say that, according to my spreadsheet, we are only 97 miles off pace for 25,000 miles for this year as a group. Here is a link to the spreadsheet. feel free to update or change anything.

everyone keep up the good work! ;)

Mr.Corp appeared this month with 282 miles, that had to pull us back within range.
Being that close (97 miles) should get us all going a bit further.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Mr.Corp appeared this month with 282 miles, that had to pull us back within range.
Being that close (97 miles) should get us all going a bit further.

yeah, i agree. but also, some people at the bottom of the list has come up some as well. now we just all need to get that extra mile in when we can

i'll chime in 4 miles tonight to help that 97

sounds good!

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
hey, that's still good.

i finally had a decent run today - 5.22 miles @ 6:35 a mile. but the heat was pretty bad today

thats a great pace you have there - i have to start off with a 20 min fast walk to get my leg up to speed then i can run for 40 min , my pace when running is knocking around 9.52 per mile

i'm looking to increase my distance from 4-5 to 8-10 then 14- 16 and so on , but i might be some time :D

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
thats a great pace you have there - i have to start off with a 20 min fast walk to get my leg up to speed then i can run for 40 min , my pace when running is knocking around 9.52 per mile

i'm looking to increase my distance from 4-5 to 8-10 then 14- 16 and so on , but i might be some time :D

thanks. :)

just be careful, so you stay healthy. didn't you just have an injury not long ago? but keep up the good work.

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
yes in the nike+ utility for the sportband you can set to either KM or Miles

i'm not falling for that one again

Sorry, I should of wrote, 'why don't you change it to Km's instead of miles.'
Now I'm confused.......what aren't you falling for again?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Sorry, I should of wrote, 'why don't you change it to Km's instead of miles.'
Now I'm confused.......what aren't you falling for again?

i thought i'd set it to miles but instead it was KM - i did not notice until i started running :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.