"OH is that the new Apple watch? LET ME SEE "

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by insane08, Apr 14, 2015.

1. insane08 macrumors member

You know its coming. Soon we'll have a new :apple: device on our wrists and as as it catches peoples attention they will come running and putting their hands all over it asking to try it on. I have a huge problem with people touching my things and it really frustrates me so not sure how I am going to deal with the rush of friends and family on delivery day. How do you guys handle this or how do you plan to ? I try to avoid from letting people use my phone which is tough already :mad:

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Pshht, I have people asking me if my Pebble watch is the NEW Apple watch LOL. :p

3. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I dont understand a lot of things. This thread is one of them. :rolleyes:

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

THIS lol! I've stopped correcting people and just started going with it. Strange how none of them question the lack of a color screen!

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It's a personal device. I wouldn't take it off and let people try it on, unless they are very close with me. That's what the Apple Store is for.

6. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

I literally decided and told myself to respond with a simple "no" and eventually show them a few things if they want, but that's it. It's my watch, and it stays on my wrist, the end.

7. refslady macrumors regular

Part your lips and repeat after me: "No, nein, non." Seriously, I'm going to tell them that they have them available for try-on at the Apple Store and that it won't work if I'm not wearing it since it is paired with my phone. (I'm counting on most to not be analytical enough to realize that the Watch wouldn't know my wrist from their wrists.)

8. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

9. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I don't mind it, I love getting the newest and the latest and showing them to people. I guess I enjoy being the "beta" tester for things like this, then giving an honest opinion to those around me. I want to share good products and warn against bad ones. Most of my family and friends know that, so they are pretty respectable about it. It's the random people that bug me a little, particularly if it is clear that I am busy.

I think the watch is a little easier, its harder to notice unless you are specifically looking for it.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It's crazy how with all the TV ads out there and placement all over the Internet someone would think a black and white plastic Pebble is an Apple watch. sheesh.

11. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

This has to be a joke. Please tell me it's a joke. No one would seriously not be able to figure this one out on their own.

12. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Im actually looking forward to having it and seeing peoples reactions to it when they see it, I think it will be pretty cool to have something that most people are still waiting for or are curious about.

13. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

If someone asks me "is that the new iWatch?" I'm going to tell them to get the **** out of my face.

If you say Apple Watch and you're not annoying about it, I might consider showing you it.

14. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

This started happening to me too immediately after the news last month.

15. Jd3774life macrumors regular

Jd3774life

I have already had 7 people ask me if My Pebble Steel was the apple watch this week..

"No, The apple watch isn't even out yet.."

16. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Right! And the thing is, these people (my coworkers mostly) have seen me wear my Pebble for months prior. Then the Apple Watch is announced, and suddenly that's what I'm wearing! Kinda like the The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon lol!

17. insane08 thread starter macrumors member

Why not just say yes next time ? hah. See how far you can take it with them believing its the new apple watch.

18. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

19. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I work in a school with 1,000 middle school students, and I have already mentally and physically prepared myself for this exact situation.

I am ready.

20. dilap macrumors 6502a

Exactly the same with me!

21. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Tell me about it! I work at Best Buy Mobile and customers are already asking when we're getting the Apple Watch, and since this town is located about 2 hours away from the nearest Apple Store I'm sure this town will have a lot of curious people wanting to take a look at the :apple: Watch.

22. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

Yah me too lol. I also had a meta watch in 2012 and I kept getting "is that the iphone watch" just smile and nod. :D

23. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

It's going to be like being pregnant all over again!

24. robaroo macrumors regular

I wear a hoody pretty much every day. It hides my current watch and I plan on continuing to wear it after I get my Apple Watch to deter people from noticing that I have one. I really hate when people ask me to let them check out my latest tech.

25. ryanasimov macrumors regular

What is wrong with just saying, "It's an Apple Watch and I'd prefer not to take it off. It's new and I'm getting used to it so I'd prefer you not touching it. What specifically would you like to see?"