Oh my goodness, Oblivion on 360 is cool.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Jason Beck, May 25, 2010.

1. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I just got it for 13$ delivered on Ebay and it came yesterday! I was stoked. I played it before and stuck to the story and probably made it only an hour or two into it.. But this time I am exploring and it is deep! Anyone got any useful tips,linkeys or anything or a noob at this game? Also is the Knights of the Nine a worthwhile expansion? I didn't get the greatest hits one, but mine did come with the map, manual, case, and the disc was in great shape. So far I am addicted to this.

2. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

3. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Great games have no expiration date ;)

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I didn't like this at first but it grew on me after I played Fallout 3. My girlfriend bought the me whole collection pack thing on Steam, keep meaning to play it but its SO FRICKIN VAST.

And then there's Morrowind....

5. Jason Beck thread starter macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

ahahah yah i know im late :D Its pretty rad though. For a 5 year old game, I am way impressed. Im only level 2, a sorcerer, and I am on my second side quest. I just made these villagers who were invisible, visible again. Way fun. I like it, and this is why I love rpg's. The world is indeed vast.

Okay, so on a side note, does anyone know if there is going to be another Elder scrolls game on 360 any time soon?

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

One of my boys has picked this game up again. The last time he played it was on an Athlon XP machine with an FX5500 card and needed oldBlivion to get it working on min settings. On his 2007 iMac, its just night and day difference and he is rediscovering everything again in much higher detail. It is quite a visually stunning game.

7. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Back in 2007, Bethesda were predicting ES5 in late 2010. But, that was before Fallout 3 came out, and turned into a pretty big hit. My guess is the new ES game was put on hold while they worked on the DLC for FO3, and now Fallout: New Vegas, which comes out later this year. But, if I were to guess, I don't see why a new ES game couldn't be on their radar for next year. Nothing official, obviously, but it is a very big, very popular franchise, so a new game in the next couple years is pretty much a given.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/18/bethesda-clarifies-mmo-claims-elder-scrolls-v-statements/

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My critique for the console version of the game is that as far as I know, you can't do much if anything with mods. This game can really use them. For some reason Bethesda created some of the ugliest characters I've seen in a game. This can be fixed with a character appearance mod. I played it for a year on my PC and loved every minute of it. Knights of the Nine is a worthy if not small expansion. I finally burned out with the Shivering Isles. And for perspective, I don't care for Fallout3.

I put up this guide on MacRumors.

9. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I was absolutely hooked on Oblivion - the first RPG game I'd played. Unfortunately after a (long) while the save game can become corrupted and gameplay becomes extremely buggy... but then I noticed I'd played the game for just over 500 hours so perhaps I got my money's worth! ;) Still, pity I'd have to start all over again if I wanted to play through the Dark Brotherhood or Fighter's Guild quests. Fallout 3 had similar problems - on that game I'd put in 300 hours!

The only advice I'd give is get healing and invisibility spells as early as you can (maybe). It makes the game very easy - whether that's a good thing or not is up to you.

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My number one Oblivion tip is "level properly". If anyone wants to read more about it see the Guide link I posted a couple of replies ago. :)