Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
We've heard ad infinitum about all the failings of the iPad
  • No Flash

Seriously, I don't use it. Not to say its dead. But I go to Gizmodo, Engadget, ESPN, Rotten Tomatoes, and alot of sites where internet is designed to do...READ TEXT. Youtube, Vimeo works fine. CBS.com works okay and maybe more. I run into a flash problem once a week where I seriously don't care to go to my computer to see the video. Oh and Break.com i think has converted as well.
  • No Keyboard

What are you writing...a paper on humpback whales and the natural depletion of the polar bear population? WTF! It the landscape keyboard isn't bad and i can write adequate for message board posts and many other things. How about you tackle the learning curve? If you have to write a paper, use a bluetooth keyboard. They are full scale, so its not 95% like a netbook and the apple ones are thin so they are easy to pack. Really..guys..it's a table. What's next? you are gonna complain that all cars can't fly?
  • No PC OS

If you want a PC OS, buy a computer with a PC OS. This is a concept argument. Even if the Ipad was super powerful, there would use a light system because Apple believes uses a full scale PC OS on a tablet has failed. Ask windows last decade how tablets have been. Apple's concept is two fold, the tablet will reach a consumer group that maybe have not been reached yet. Old granny pants, and many of them just want things to just work. That being said, most people in the doesn't care how it works, they just want it to work. They want a interactive experience where they are in control. The iphone OS worked for smartphones because it gave users a pleasant touchscreen UI that worked. Why change the formula? Granted, its not perfect but as the OS progresses, so will the faults of Iphone OS. But have a such a heavy OS on a tablet is overkill. To make Tablet work on a full PC system, you have to completely change the OS. Bigger buttons and better usability.

Also the Ipad is suppose to be in between your iphone and the macbook. Doesn't anyone not get that? They said it like a billion times.
    [*]No E-Ink
    It looks like the people have spoken and the screen is crisp enough to read books and I am currently enjoying reading papers on my iPad. Not mention, they make comics, mangas and magazines so much better.

• No Camera
    I think the people have spoken. As a recent poll just showed, they would only use the camera once. (Front facing camera). So as much as you want this wonderful gadget. Can I ask you this?

Have you even used your front facing camera on your laptop or Mac? Is this ruining your chat with Kvroomvroomkitty from Hungary. Oh la la

• No "Multitasking"

Iphone 4.0. .......end of story. and Multitasking by everyone's definition is not multitasking. and having multiple windows open on your PC and just concentrating on this one (like in this case, writing a reply on macrumors) is not multitasking.

For most people its.....One app + communication app.
  • No Cure For Cancer

Coming 2011. in iphone 5.0

heres my two cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.