OK So... Who's Excited?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tangledweb16, Feb 28, 2011.

1. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Maybe it's because I'm inebriated, or because today was my Friday, but I am ludicrously stoked for Wednesday.

Woot. You know you are too.

2. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

^^ yeh! what you said!

i shall be purchasing the low end 3G model - because i HATE myself for not getting the 1st gen 3G!

4. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

I'm excited! :D
    Just about decided to get one, just need a really cool feature to tip me over the edge and get one for sure.

Let's just hope the Australian prices come out alright!

5. thesmoth macrumors 6502

I was super stoked for the last couple of months for the iPad 2 to come out so I can get one.

Now i've had an iPad for the last 2-3 weeks as i've been borrowing it from a friend, novelty has worn off, pretty much useless device with a couple of fun little games. The idea of the iPad, and the gadget lust/online forum speculation is MUCH better than the reality of it. If it was $299 I would buy one, but as it stands it's an expensive large ipod with little real functionality.

Giving it back to friend soon and never buying an iPad. Id rather use my macbook pro for work/web (it's superior for those things), use my PS3 for games (it's far superior), and use my ipod for music (it's far superior).

iPad doesn't really have a purpose (yet).

6. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

A simple 'not me' would have sufficed. Lol. But seriously, it's not for everyone. I'm anxious to see what Apple has under their sleeve...

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i think it will remain fairly similar to what they are now, to be honest. which is kind of annoying.. considering how well our economy is going!

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Not to disappoint but the event is 33 hours and 38 minutes away.

9. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

there's an app for that.

(im guessing)

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are right that those three things each excel at the thing they're good for, but iPad can do many, if not most, of those things reasonably well, and in one very portable package. It might be a jack of all trades and master of none, but sometimes a jack of all trades does come in handy.

Plus, I think it's superior to all of those things as a personal organizer and ebook reader, but YMMV.

Yup, search for "countdown timer" in the app store. :D

11. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i don't know why, but i always get excited whenever apple is going to announce something...

even though i know this will only be an imcremental update.. i still feel giddy!! lol..

whether i buy one or not, remains to be seen. i always have the itch after an event, and being incremental, i don't really need one, as i already have ipad 1 and it serves me very well indeed.

33 hours to go?

12. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Being an iPad owner already, must admit to being not overly hyped given the rumours. Still hope they pull something outstanding from the hat.

Was more excited about the release of 4.2! :)

13. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Stoked, I'm getting one so its very exciting. As for prices, they might knock it down $50 because our dollar is still on parity, but we're talking about :apple: so I doubt it.:D

I hope they stream it live again, so I can wake up in 3 in the morning to watch it. :)

14. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

I will be waiting in line for it the day it comes out!

15. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

HAH! seriously? ahhh the saying really is true!

16. JulianL macrumors 65816

Well, they tend to be general purpose apps that allow you to program a date and time for any special occassion that you care about and the app counts down to it. You can get novelty keyrings that do the same, a friend gave me one a while back that was counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds of George W Bush's presidency.

I don't think there could be a specific app for the iPad event could there, unless it was from Apple? We've only known the exact date and time for about a week and doesn't the app review process take about 2 weeks? I think I heard that it's possible to request an accelerated approval but I wonder if a developer would waste that on such a trivial app, and whether Apple would agree to accelerate the approval for such a trivial reason; I think fast-track reviews are usually reserved for fixing critical bugs.

- Julian

17. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Well looking at the introduction of iTunes songs ($1.69 for us) and then iOS apps (down to $1.19), if we are on parity now we may get a better deal again. I guess we will wait and find out.

And I thought it was only 5am this time round?
    EDIT: yep, Time Zone Converter tells me 5am (or 4am for you Queenslanders)

18. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

iTunes songs aren't based on the price in the US. It's whatever the record companies charge for a copy of it locally is what it's based on. iOS apps are Apple's own internal calculations based on conducting business (taxes and whatnot) in each country.

But as recently as the end of last year, due to the amazing high our currency is going, Apple basically cut 10% off all prices of Macs. The 27" lost about $200.

My guess is that it will probably come down to the $579-599 region.

EDIT: yup, it's because of the DST that the times are 2 hours off. 10am Cupertino is usually 3am AEST.

19. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

You forgot the words "for me" at the end of that sentence.

20. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If they make their OS a bit more tablet friendly with proper notifications I will buy one.

As it is now. I'm fed up with ios

21. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Eight months or so using my iPad. wont be enough to justify upgrading. iPad3 will do nicely. Probably every two years is a nice gap and should allow for lots of improvements. Looking forward to hotspot in 4.3 though

22. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

I agree. Upgrading every two years means the jump in specs is bigger and you are more likely to appreciate them. This is certainly my plan at the moment.

Of course, when I see iPad2's in the shop I may not be able to resist, but I will try.

23. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Ah okay that makes sense. Any drop in price will be a bonus.

And this later start (for us) is quite nice, means I don't have to get up quite so outrageously early :)

24. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

if you are right, i will figuratively kiss your feet and forgive you for spending money on my iTunes account ;)

yeh you may be right there, but you know - whatever. i just cant wait for the announcement!

20hour battery life! *snort*™

25. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I thought we were past that saga already...sigh. You wouldn't take my compensation, and I thought we were cool. (so we're not cool :( ?!)

Hey, I hear you'll be around in a few weeks time. Maybe you'll be able to turn that 'figuratively' into 'actually' then. :eek:
    :D