Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
WOW! Hey, why dont you just jailbreak your phone and implement all of these things?!

Because there is no jailbreak for iPhone 4S.
Because there is no untethered jailbreak of iOS5.
Because it would be nice to have these features without jailbreaking.
Because every time an iOS update comes out, you have to re-jailbreak your phone or do without the added features.
Etc etc.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I think it's very annoying when people think everything they want in iOS translates to "We". This thread is peppered with FAIL because i don't want any of those features.

Netr@nger

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok here is my whishlist for iphone 5
3x opitcal zoom (can be done)
12 megapixel camera with outstanding lens
Zenon flash (cant believe they havnt done this)
128/256gb memory options
Carbon fibre construction
Get rid of the physical home button (long overdue)
4inch Retina screen
NEW BATTERY TECH (lithium is at its peak and will NEVER get any better,this is number 1 priority)
Proper colour led indicators for calls,txt,etc
The ability for the current owner to render the phone TOTALLY UNUSABLE for other people to use/sell,like a fatal txt that will destroy the internals somehow(lol)
Lockable sim slot

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I want an integrated fb upload in the native photo app

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
I definitely don't want the live icons/widgets, major battery drain.
Not really, I have live weather widget on my 3GS set for update every 15 min. Really no noticeable drain over stock iOS, maybe a few % here and there but not the major drain people seem to always think about.

For some reason though I'm doubting Apple will do more integration with the notification center, they could have easily put even just a toggle for wifi or airplane mode but didn't. Same reason why I don't get why they keep restrictive folders that limit you on # of apps and not allowing folders within a folder (I have biz folder and game folder for example of which within each one of those is a few folders organizing apps, like for games I have action, puzzles etc).

I'm running:
FolderEnchancer
Barrel
Five Icon Dock
Gridlock
iFile
QuickScroll 2
Tab+
WidgetTask (awesome, it puts the task tray integrated into sbs/notification center)

and obviously winterboard

Personally I'm still going to Jailbreak the next iPhone as I know Apple will never include the above listed or do it half assed (i.e. limited folders). So really the only thing I want is a retina 4" screen.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

First fire all these incompetent dev who were behind iOS 5 for delivering the crap.

Now that's out of the way

1. Map is a must n better integration with os
2. Separate volume control for ringer n other alerts
3. Better notification

My biggest complaint is what these so called dev team did for past 16 months
No innovation in any new features.

^ this is all iOS 6 needs. Lol. Hell, give it to us in a 5.2 update or something. I despise having to have my ringtone loud in order to hear all my other tones correctly.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
-A full filesystem, or (more realistically) a seperate place to store any files if you want to. We NEED this.

-full iCloud syncing. iWorks file syncing is completely stupid right now. You can't get your computer's files unless you use something like Dropbox, but even if you do that, you can't re-save the files back into Dropbox once you're done editing. Dropbox doesn't even let you MOVE files. It's a terrible "solution"

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
I've been thinking about this for a while. We have the "camera roll" in the photos app, and it's accessible to all apps that can take or use photos right? Add a lot more of these storage silos. One for text/word processing files, one for music, one for spreadsheets, etc. Devs could perhaps request new ones from apple.

That replaces the bits of a file system you really need, you can share documents between apps easily, and you don't get the complexity and security issues you get with file system access.

Last bit of the puzzle:

In safari, we can now have an 'upload' button. Hit it, it asks first what kind of document you want, then presents the data (search at the top, then a list of documents by document name rather than file name). we can finally upload photos to websites.

In email, there's an attachments button. Same thing happens, it asks what kind of document then shows the list, but you can add multiple documents with a tick then hit 'done'.

I reckon that would tie up quite a few issues people have with ios, and pretty cleanly & apple-like too.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
^ Great idea.

I definitely don't want the live icons/widgets, major battery drain.

Not really, they could just do it like they did with multitasking or push notifications.

^ this is all iOS 6 needs. Lol. Hell, give it to us in a 5.2 update or something. I despise having to have my ringtone loud in order to hear all my other tones correctly.

Definitely! Separate volume controls for the ringer, apps and everything would be very welcome!

Another idea, how about app Fragmenting to display on Lockscreen/Widgets? Imagine having a shopping app or a todo app, and it has an ability to display the essentials, the list with say checkmarks on the lockscreen when you want it? Would save time in unlocking the phone every time you want to look at it in a shop.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
A few more -

One click podcast updating. I can update podcasts, but I have to go and search for them on at a time rather than the phone just grabbing new episodes of my subscriptions. This is, bluntly, crazy, and a really bad user interface.

Move (or at least give access to) the EQ controls from the settings app to the Music app. Y'know, where they'd actually be useful instead of a dozen clicks per song away.

Allow the music app to queue up a track to be played next, rather than immediately.

It would be very helpful to block specific SSID names from ever appearing. Any UK user would block BT Openzone in a second.

User data should be in user folders. It's crazy that you have to jailbreak to get access to your own data - the SMS database, Voicemails etc etc should be in publicly accessible folders.

Please just scrap the YouTube app so Google would port their better webapp to native code.

Newsstand implementation is clumsy. The API shouldn't be limited to this folder, nor should apps automatically be funnelled there.

iMessage should be pulled into a separate app.

Phazer

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
dont think they will give free navigation

They will be really lacking then... Google has a free navigation, Microsoft/Nokia have a free navigation. Apple definitely needs a serious rework of the Maps app.

samcolson4

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2011
Better Siri.

Don't get me wrong, I think Apple has started something great with Siri in the 4S, but a deeper implementation is needed to make it really useful. Also being able to say a load of commands eg: Call my mum, put her on speakerphone, would be good to have.

Being able to set a camera up for a group shot then use siri to take the photo might be good too.

It's been said by others too: being able to remove Apple's built in apps. Never used Stocks and I'm betting 99% of users are in the same boat.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
After trying Zephyr, I definitely want Apple to add gestures to the iPhone.

Swiping up for the homescreen and the Switcher is awesome! They could even get rid of the hardware home button.

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Wow that's a lot of stuff OP, and I appreciate the time you took to include all those! But seriously, what'll be left for iOS 7 if Apple throw all those features in?

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Wow that's a lot of stuff OP, and I appreciate the time you took to include all those! But seriously, what'll be left for iOS 7 if Apple throw all those features in?

There will always be something new, something to be added and improved.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
There won't be a completely open file system. When will people understand that computing is moving away from file systems in the way that cars moved away from easy to access engines to engines tucked away under plastic, only accessible by those who really know what they're doing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.