iPad Pro Old Applecare and iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vatter69, Mar 8, 2016.

1. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Hi,

anyone know if the old plan works with the new pro? I don't need the insurance part really but i would love to extend the warranty.

Any experiences?

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

What do you mean old plan? There is one AppleCare possibility for the iPad Pro - AppleCare Plus.

3. vatter69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vatter69

I know that's the official route. But you could also use the 'old' Apple Care for iPhones on the 6 and 6s. Hence my question. Sometimes you find some for cheap money on ebay.

4. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

If you used a credit card to purchase your iPad Pro, a lot double the manufacture warranty and provide 90 days theft and damage protection.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Applecare follows the device - you cant transfer it to another device

6. vatter69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vatter69

So i take no one actually tried it ? Again im not trying to tansfer anything. Im talking about using the legacy Apple Care Protection Plan (NOT AppleCare+) on the new iPad Pro. Officiall Apple doesnt sell this anymore but you can still use them at least on the older iPads like Air2 etc.

Edit: like this guy is trying it for the Air , i want to try for Pro

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/old-applecare-not-plus-with-ipad-air.1697230/

7. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty certain that's like buying house insurance to cover your car. It's insurance, but not the right kind so can't be used.

8. jb-net macrumors member

I would also be interested to hear if I could use the old standard AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPad Pro?