Old School members

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by damson34, Aug 13, 2012.

1. damson34 macrumors 6502

I think it would be kinda neat to have are own statues since we joined macrumors a really long time ago before the iPhone. Because we are the ones who actually kept the forums going during that time so I thought it would be cool if we had our own Title for Pre iphone members. I talked to Arn about it a while ago but nothing came of it just because it was just an idea but if enough of us want it. I think we should get our own statues. I know its nothing big but it kinda brings back that excitement talking on the boards about "Jagwire" or selling your old mac as it was a big deal back then was a big deal and other stuff. I just thought it would be cool. So let me know if you think its a cool idea.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

No point really, most of the old timers left. Sure a legacy status would be cool but I don't know what good it will do.

3. damson34 thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought there was at least enough to be recognized. We really were the ones that made macrumors relevant and kept it going so i think we should at least get something.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That ship sailed long ago. Plus if nobody from that era posts anymore what good will a status do?

Most of the founding members stopped posting some 3-5 years ago.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

why?

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Plus who is this we the OP is talking about, he only has 300 posts. It is not like he is all that active himself.

The reason this idea is pointless is that of the orignal 5000 members maybe 1/8th actually posted.

7. damson34 thread starter macrumors 6502

well nevermind then. I just thought it would be cool to have our own title but apparently not. As for the reason ive only posted 300 something posts was originally i only posted something when i was still learning about OS X and then i joined the military so I cant check the boards everyday. So thats why i have so little posts and have been here for so long. Just like apple, it wouldnt still be around without the people who loved them so much that and kept them relevant. Same with us, at that time we kept Macrumors relevant. Macrumors would not be what it is today if we hadnt loved the site so much back then. At that time it was pretty hard to have an apple website that was exciting. Cuz most people didnt care or even heard of apple.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

pre iphone vs post ipod. Is there really a difference?

9. damson34 thread starter macrumors 6502

There is if your first iPod worked only on a mac lol.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well you do, in a way.
    [​IMG]

11. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

What would the point really be? Do you think the young whippersnappers would give you more respect?

12. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I thought of this too. I know I notice early join dates. 2002 is pretty close to the very beginning.

13. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Can't say as I see the point
    Seems fairly arbitrary without a real reason
    There is enough division on the Forum as it is

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The other question is where do you draw the line of founding member, is it the first year the first 5 years, pre iPhone?