OMG...Try to shake your MacBook Pro 2015

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sstyle, Aug 2, 2016.

1. sstyle, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

sstyle macrumors regular

Hi. I tried to shake my macbook pro 2015 13" Retina from left to right and I hear this sound

Somewhat (inside) hits the edge. Please try with your macbook. What is it? Is it normal?

2. beastmode16 macrumors regular

as a college student who always has their laptop on them, i can tell you this is definitely not normal.

3. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Why do you think it is strange?

5. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

Because Apple makes a very good quality products.

6. sstyle, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

7. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

Why don't you open the thing up and find out what it is? Either that or take it to an Apple store and get their genius' to do it. Not a big deal.

8. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

This sound caused by a sheet of plastic in the display.

9. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Every time I see one of these threads posted I wonder why anyone is shaking their laptop to begin with. I honestly don't understand why.

I've never heard mine make any odd sounds, but then again I've never intentionally shaken my rMBP.

10. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

Because you do not need to shake. Just turn left or right:

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

And in what situation is flipping your laptop around like that considered normal?

12. jerryk macrumors 68020

13. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

When I move it:
    When I walk with macbook in hands,
    when I leave on the bed and sometimes move it from legs to bed and back.

Listen, macbook pro costs in our country like a 3 average months salary (in Moscow. Or about 9 salary in country). How much is it in Oregon? And I wish to have a good quality. One man on reddit told one story: "I once told a mechanic that my car steering wheel shook when I drove over 90mph. His response: "You shouldn't be driving over 90mph. Stop it." Seems the same principle should be applied here."

14. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

When I move my Mac around while I'm changing positions or moving to a different location, I've never once flipped my computer around the way shown in the video.

Yeah, it's not as expensive here. I guess all I can say is that exchange rates and inflation suck.

I'm still not sure how the laptop making a noise when you move it around in a manner it is not designed to be used is any indication of quality.

And the car analogies don't usually work. If your Mac started shaking when you did CPU intensive work, I'd say there was something wrong with one of the moving components, just like I'd say about the car. Here is as close as I can get with a car analogy: What you're complaining about is more like a rattle in the dashboard when you take your BMW sedan off-road. It isn't designed to be used that way.

15. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

I still does not know will it annoying thing or not. I will test for a week and make a desicion. Because I used the macbook for a 1 month and knew about it only yesterday. It sound when you change weight center, not only flip, just walk with it in hands and stop.

As you know cars in the past had more quality then now. BMW on off-road (all roads in Russia is off-road) was silent, but now.... And Apple goes same way.

16. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

OMG it's "driveyourbmwoffroadat90mphitsjustlikeapplegate" op! Start a class action, post haste!

:rolleyes:

17. buster84 macrumors 6502

Just take off the bottom and take a look. You wont void your warranty doing that. This would be the best way to find out what that sound is.

18. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

It will not help. Because this sound makes by plastic sheet inside the display.

19. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Which is how it is designed,it makes no difference to the performance, quality or longevity of the computer, I can't see why you would care that it makes a small sound occasionally when you move it.

20. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know what is difference between Bentley and Ford and why Bentley costs so much? Because it should have a best quality. MacBook is no Xiaomi, Asus, etc. It is high quality product. And it is expensive. So I wish to have a good product for that money.

21. Samuelsan2001, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016

Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's a design flaw they happen in bentleys as well and Mercedes and all expensive cars, wether it's slightly out of alignment pedals in BMWS or rear mounted engine causing lightness in the front wheels of a Porsche at low speed, or just the steering wheel covering the indicator flashers on a Mercedes dashboard.

Any complicated machine will inevitably have some small design flaw and computers with the fast pace of change the endless updates changes and upgrades the first redesigns are more prone than most products. Given the incredible amount of impatience with Apple to get out the next mbp's it is ridiculous consumer pressure that often forces companies to release products with minor design flaws that they are never given a chance to notice or fix if they do.

This is a design flaw that impacts the user in no appreciable way so you have a choice. 1. Keep trying until you find one where these bits of plastic are stuck in one position a seemingly difficult task that may never pan out or 2. buy something else that lives up to your pointless nitpicking, if you can find one, because I have never read a computer review that didn't point out some niggly design flaw.

22. mjs402 macrumors 6502

I had an issue with my 12 inch MacBook that made a very similar sound and the Genius's tried to tell me that was apparent. Take it up with them. For the price we pay, a machine should not make sounds like that. For my machine (not a Pro, but still), it sounded like the battery or something was moving on the inside.

Ridiculous.

23. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

24. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The only part of this that I find ridiculous is the fact that people keep posting videos where they are shaking their computer.

When did this become normal usage?

During normal usage, my 13" rMBP does not move in that manner. I set it on my lap, on the bed in front of me or the table that I'm seated at and then I open it and use it to get work done. My rMBP is not a carnival ride and it doesn't get tossed around, it's a tool and it is used to perform the tasks it was designed to perform.