omg, when will a new iPod be released!!!!???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by norcalstadium, Jul 15, 2007.

1. norcalstadium macrumors member

i have the third edition ipod, and soon after the ipod video was released, i told myself i would buy the next ipod that came out. however, i feel like ive been waiting forever for this new ipod.

does anybody have any legitimate ideas as to when a new ipod will be released!!?!!?!!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you should buy a new ipod now, so that the 6g will come out the week after. ;) i don't think apple will release a new ipod to steal the iphone's thunder. the iphone's only been out a couple weeks, so i wouldn't expect anything for a couple months more at least. add to the fact that apple's never released a new ipod during their "buy a mac, get an ipod promotion," and i don't think we'll be seeing new ipods until the fall. if i had to guess, i'd say october, just in time for the christmas shopping season.

3. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

4. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

You probably shouldn't buy the next iPod that comes out either.... the one that comes after that is going to be SO MUCH COOLER.

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Why do so many people expect Apple to release a new revision, to every product, to suit their individual needs? Not picking on the OP. It is a very common theme here (and elsewhere).

6. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

7. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

in time for x-mas i think, but the question is, can you bear to wait 3 to 4 months...i can!!! but im content with my 5.5G for the time being....:)

8. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I hear they will come out in September, or at least be Announced (With either pics, or with just the date)

9. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Because humans are imperfect individuals that think the world revolves around them. You cant fight nature.

10. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

I can't for a new one to come out. I'm SURE that a touchscreen one will be release by this time next year - I'll git me oneuvthose! My poor 1st gen ipod mini battery is completely dead - will hold NO charge - will not operate unless connected to a power source. ... it's had a good life ;)

11. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

Love it.

If I wanted a sig, this would pretty much be it.
    A

also, just of non related interest, i played an amazingly addictive game, FRENZIC. its my new tetris/simon. I con SO imagine this on ipod/iphone.
    sorry, topic return.

12. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

Well, that's what most of this website is about....predicting the next release of something!

13. Marlon_JBT macrumors 6502

14. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

don t see it happening too soon as it would take a lot of thunder away formt he iphone, but thne again i phone is only int he states for now so who knows.,,,,:D

15. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I have nothing against predicting releases, but any thread title that starts with "omg" and ends in several question marks and exclamation points thrown together is definitely a little shady....

16. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

I think I should sue for plagiarism. Or get in the prognostication business.

These are both the kinds of answers a thread like this deserves.

17. 210 macrumors regular

iPod

I suspect it would be in the fall or Christmas. However, that is based on the iPhone being out in the States. It still has to be released in other countries, the earliest being 4th quater of this year and then we have the same problem of the iPod cannabalising iPhone sales in those countries. As Apple release new iPods at the same time everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release it until next year.

You might as well buy an iPod now. Unless you really need the newest gadget out there, the existing one is more than good enough. I have the 5G iPod only because my 3G one broke down, otherwise I still would be using that one (although the color screen, photos and video features probably would have swayed me in the end)