On my 5th iPhone4....every single one worse then the last!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skydivincoastie, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

I can't understand what the problem is! I am on my 5th iPhone4...Every single one I get, has more problems then the last one! The one I got 2 days ago, sitting in one place, not even HOLDING the phone, will drop calls...and when I do hold it, the screen with flash on and off hitting as usual everything. I don't know what to do anymore...I've restored as new, gotten new phones...wtf apple...ok im done ranting...off to my 6th genius appointment!

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

3. Shield macrumors member

I don't understand how some people get all the bad luck. Both my wife and I have iPhone 4's....neither of us have had any problems at all. Several people I know in person have iPhone 4's and none of them have had any problems at all. Yet I read here on Internet forums about these random people with chronic iPhone 4 problems/replacements. Is this for real? If I had anywhere near this many problems with a particular product I would have returned it ages ago....permanently!! Nevermind always getting replacements...it would be over. There are plenty of cell phone options available in today's market. I wonder about the honesty behind these chronic iPhone replacement threads.....

4. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yep have to agree there. If you ever did any kind of tech support, there are always those one or two users who always have issues. There must be a bad tech karma spirit out there that afflicts a few in this world. However it is more than likely the dreaded "User Error".

5. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Either you should drop Apple or they should drop you. Regardless of the reason(s), this is not a good match. The only question that remains is which party will acknowledge the futility of your attempt at a partnership first.

6. hexhead macrumors member

You need to have that "It's not you, it's me" talk with your phone.

7. Skydivincoastie thread starter macrumors member

I've owned the 3G and 3GS and never had problems...

8. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Perhaps smart phones are just too smart for you.

9. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I think it is quite easy to see where the problem is. I truly pity the genius who has to deal with him.

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

If you're going on your 6th phone then its highly likely that the problem, in actuality, lies with YOU.

11. malevolant macrumors 6502

Get a different phone. You obviously aren't happy with the iphone 4. Why force it?

12. Skydivincoastie thread starter macrumors member

You guys are so right...poor genius today. Oh well...

13. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

Get a blackberry. I think your proving to yourself the the iphone is not for u.

14. Skydivincoastie thread starter macrumors member

Oh because calling someone a troll who has been a member for several years and has almost every product apple is ok...

15. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Maybe it's early, but I have NO idea what you're trying to say here.

16. ADMProducer macrumors regular

Sorry man, you're the problem.

Get an android.

Meanwhile my mother and I have iPhone 4's as well as a few of my friends and they're great no issues whatsoever. If you were never notified of the signal problem you probably wouldn't have noticed.

Also, by the 3rd phone I would have personally gotten a refund and went for something different, that's just being a dumbass imo.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Maybe you're unaware of the EMP power within you. Do you have the same problem with other electronic devices? Do video tapes you handle suddenly not work? DO hard drives crash at your merest blink? It could be a super power.

18. Surrix macrumors regular

Some people probably do just get a lot of bad luck, but it's hard to say. I went through 4 total iPhone 2Gs. But I was very happy with my first 3GS and 4*.

*For now. So far, the 4 has twice said "No SIM" and I need to pop out and reinsert the SIM or restart the phone to get it back. We'll see how that pans out or if it keeps happening.

19. boxstboy macrumors member

20. ski2moro macrumors 6502

As a person who has had numerous issues with 5 different iPhone 4s, here is my suggestion.

Above all, Be Polite.

1. Stop dealing with the Genius Bar and call Apple Care Tech Support.
    2. Tell the person your story with details and specificity. Be succinct, avoiding unrelated details.
    3. Get to a Second Tier person.
    4. Tell him/her your story with specificity and detail, including NOT RESTORING FROM BACKUP because if it still happens after you restore and create a new phone, it's usually hardware related.
    5. Tell him that you are tired of refurbished iphones and getting other people's problems.

You will get a new phone.

Be prepared to give your credit card number to secure the transfer and return the iPhone to them promptly to avoid charges on your credit card.

I had different problems with different iPhones. 3G Data, Prox Sensor, Camera, and really bad signal issues, to name a few. It happened. My current iPhone is working as designed.

The key to getting someone to work with you is to be polite, be detailed, and be persistant. It will pay off.

21. Skydivincoastie thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for being understanding...unlike these other people...a lot of people complain about certain people on these forums, and i've never been flamed, but today I noticed a lot of those certain people...you were not one of them...The apple store did give me a new one today...I'll try it and see...I downloaded that call app that blocks your screen just incase...Thanks

22. TangoDown macrumors regular

That could of course be that the people you know are quite likely limited to a finite number, whereas the Internet isn't. MR is iPhone central - of course people are going to be on here with problems. If there were none of these people it would be a little strange, no? :) There're only as random as you or I to be fair.

23. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

While I find people with multiple issues sometimes hard to believe, I have a niece that has a tech "brown thumb." Every tech device she touches, goes south. A perfectly working 3GS we gave her, no longer worked perfectly and developed issues a day after giving it to her. Her laptop, her desktop, and now her macbook are taking dumps on her. She borrowed her mom's digital camera, and then crapped out too.

It's become a family running joke. It's starting to make me think there may be some credence to the idea that some people's body chemistry or electrical currents are not tech gadget compatible.

Who knows?

24. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

+100!

im about to switch to the ip4 next week and im very excited, been waiting for this a long time. but reading all these people with their ip4 problems really gets me worried.