Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shield

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Canada
That could of course be that the people you know are quite likely limited to a finite number, whereas the Internet isn't. MR is iPhone central - of course people are going to be on here with problems. If there were none of these people it would be a little strange, no? :) There're only as random as you or I to be fair.

Very true....I know a finite number of people. I am also not surprised to see people report problems with their iPhones on an Internet forum the size of MR. What does surprise me however are the threads that report chronic problems and multiple replacements. There have been a fair number of "chronic" iPhone 4 threads on the Internet that I have read. I guess that I just don't have the patience or brand loyalty that some of these people do....chronic issues and replacements would cause me to switch to a different phone manufacturer...or resort back to the 3GS if its only the 4 causing so many problems. But that is just me.

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
I don't understand how some people get all the bad luck. Both my wife and I have iPhone 4's....neither of us have had any problems at all. Several people I know in person have iPhone 4's and none of them have had any problems at all. Yet I read here on Internet forums about these random people with chronic iPhone 4 problems/replacements. Is this for real? If I had anywhere near this many problems with a particular product I would have returned it ages ago....permanently!! Nevermind always getting replacements...it would be over. There are plenty of cell phone options available in today's market. I wonder about the honesty behind these chronic iPhone replacement threads.....

It's the OCD idiots that get 5-6 replacements. Omgz there's a speck of dust under the screen!!! Oh noes the screen isnt flush by 1/4 of 1mm. Apple sucks!! the home button isn't perfectly centered.

Skydivincoastie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
It's the OCD idiots that get 5-6 replacements. Omgz there's a speck of dust under the screen!!! Oh noes the screen isnt flush by 1/4 of 1mm. Apple sucks!! the home button isn't perfectly centered.

But I am not being OCD about dust under my screen, or the screen isn't flush...the phones I've received are not USABLE as a phone! Cosmetics of every phone I've had, had been excellent...its that proximity sensor that is my problem...I am happy that there are a few people on this website that are understanding...it's sad that there are some that are just plain sH&% heads...I am a rare poster of problems...I usually just read through these forums...i've been a member for several years...it's amazing the quality and character of some of these people...especially towards a person who owns a ton of Apple equipment, and never post much...Their character on here just reflects what kind of true ******* they are in person.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
But I am not being OCD about dust under my screen, or the screen isn't flush...the phones I've received are not USABLE as a phone! Cosmetics of every phone I've had, had been excellent...its that proximity sensor that is my problem...I am happy that there are a few people on this website that are understanding...it's sad that there are some that are just plain sH&% heads...I am a rare poster of problems...I usually just read through these forums...i've been a member for several years...it's amazing the quality and character of some of these people...especially towards a person who owns a ton of Apple equipment, and never post much...Their character on here just reflects what kind of true ******* they are in person.

Just return it and move on. The sad fact seems to be that iPhone4+you are not a compatible. It's not your fault and you shouldn't have adapt your habits to fit the device. What you did wrong was not excepting this after the second return.
However, people are passionate about things they love. The members on this forum will jump on you for implying that their phone is fundamentally flawed. It doesn't drop calls in my area and the proximity sensor works great with how I hold the pone. Just because it's not for you doesn't mean that it doesn't fit our needs.

Shield

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Canada
...it's sad that there are some that are just plain sH&% heads...I am a rare poster of problems...I usually just read through these forums...i've been a member for several years...it's amazing the quality and character of some of these people...especially towards a person who owns a ton of Apple equipment, and never post much...Their character on here just reflects what kind of true ******* they are in person.

Don't take the ignorant or rude comments posted in this thread too much to heart, brother. The amazing thing about Internet forums is how quickly anonymity can grow muscles.

But in regards to the subject matter, I gotta give you props for the patience and loyalty you have towards Apple. If your 6th iP4 replacement is still seriously flawed what are you going to do? Have you considered simply switching back to the 3GS and waiting for the iPhone 5 instead?

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
Fact, the iPhone 4 has problems and certain circumstances exacerbate these issues. I don't think there is a perfect iPhone 4. If you are an Apple loyalist then I say suck it up and keep it. If your situation prevents this, then you need to consider a different phone. The reason people are so rude is because how many times do you have to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. I'm surprised any business would exchange any item 5 times. Talk about abusing the return policy. Well, sequential logic would lead one to believe Apple knows the iPhone is flawed or at least wants to dispel that image. Good luck!

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Fact, the iPhone 4 has problems and certain circumstances exacerbate these issues. I don't think there is a perfect iPhone 4. If you are an Apple loyalist then I say suck it up and keep it. If your situation prevents this, then you need to consider a different phone. The reason people are so rude is because how many times do you have to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. I'm surprised any business would exchange any item 5 times. Talk about abusing the return policy. Well, sequential logic would lead one to believe Apple knows the iPhone is flawed or at least wants to dispel that image. Good luck!

...Like a moth to a flame

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
The possibility you get a defective iPhone4 could be 1/100. You got 5 defective iPhone4s. Let's calculate;

1/100 x 1/100 x 1/100 x 1/100 x 1/100 = 1/10,000,000,000​

You are the one amoung 10 billion iPhone4 users. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.