One benefit to this whole AT&T DataPlus DataPro stuffs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uberamd, Jun 22, 2010.

1. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I am currently on the phone with AT&T regarding a billing mixup on their part and I asked the guy about the new dataplans. He told me what I had been waiting to hear for over a year: there is no longer a difference between a smart-phone plan and the iPhone plan!

Maybe this has been discussed here already, and if it has I do apologize. But this is great news for someone like me who likes to swap between Blackberry, Android, and iPhone devices on a whim depending on my needs for the day/week. I used to have to call AT&T and have them drop my iPhone data plan and add the generic for the Blackberry and Android devices. No more, now you are free to swap SIMS between any smartphones including the iPhone and your data plan goes with you, eliminating the need to call AT&T. This is actually a benefit to me, and maybe you too depending on your usage habits.

2. geko29 macrumors 6502

Works on dumbphones too. For the past two weeks I've been slumming it with a RAZR V3xx, and I fully expected to have no data service, but it works fine.

3. irich25 macrumors regular

4. uberamd thread starter macrumors 68030

uberamd

No, the grandfathered unlimited iPhone specific plan doesn't work that way as far as I know.