one day passed return date - wanted to go AG

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frocco, Mar 29, 2011.

1. frocco macrumors 6502

frocco

Hello,

I am one day passed my return date from online Apple Store.

I was thinking of returning my glossy for an AG and then get the the 27" monitor.

My other options were to get an imac and an ipad 2 to save money.

I find I am not moving the MBP that much, but when I do, the areas in my house cause too much glare.

Not sure if Apple will let me return it, have not called yet.

2. MIKE666 macrumors regular

best way to find out is ask them. As your wanting to swap for other apple hardware they might not have a problem with it, however they may just say no.

3. TomCondon macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awwww didums!

Why did you need it 15 days and not 14?

4. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

Just forgot about the days count.

5. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Guaranteed they'll do it. Theyre not very strict because they champion customer service above technicalities of the rules. In business the end result needs to be a happy customer. In the minds of businesses on this scale, the rules are more about protecting themselves from abuse and anything that doesn't seem like abuse falls into the realm of customer service which is in their best interest to provide you with so they have your future repeat business and the goodwill and positive word you would potentially spread around town vs the badmouthing you might spread around town due to a one day lapse in the return policy.

And that is why they, and companies like them do that :)

So yeah, you should be fine returning even within 30 days.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Pretty sure they'll do it for you. It's not a big deal to them, besides you're spending more.

7. bigjobby macrumors 65816

There's your main problem. What are you waiting for dude? The longer you leave it, the worse it'll get.

8. 1quick1 macrumors member

Apples return/exchange policy is 14 days.

I had my 2011 13'' for 28 days when I decided I wanted to upgrade to the 15''. I called the Apple store and he said in the case of me exchanging/upgrading it won't be an issue.

I boxed it up and brought it in and they swapped it right out no problem. Apple has good customer support and if you call your local Apple store and tell them you want to exchange/upgrade they will probably let you no problem.

9. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

Waiting for Lunch Time to call.

10. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

for the one's that have it, Do you like the AG screen ?

11. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Bet they will let you do it.

12. Reticent macrumors member

Almost positive they will let you do it. When I worked there, I'd just ask my manager and we'd do it no problem. Apple wants your repeat business, so keeping customers happy is really important. Go for it, but do it today, not so much tomorrow. BTW, very likely the store won't have the AG screen so you'll have to order online.

13. 1quick1 macrumors member

EXACTLY what happened when I called. Talked to a rep and he said it won't be a problem but he asked his manager to be sure. He came back 2 minutes later and said no problem. This makes perfect sense to me if you're upgrading. I would've been very disappointed if they wouldn't let me come back in and upgrade to a $1000 more expensive computer because of 2 weeks.

14. JTToft macrumors 68040

Yes, I do. Very much. I have the 2011 15".
    I'll copy-paste my answer from a couple of weeks ago to the same question for you:

I spent a lot of time debating the pros and cons of glossy vs. antiglare. I must say that I enjoy not having to worry about where I put my computer, or how to set the brightness. I can just use the screen anywhere, at any angle, and at whatever brightness level I desire.

There is a hall at my school with particularly poor lighting conditions. This is where the semi-annual tests are arranged. I remember once, after a test, one of my fellow students came up to me and said: "You must really be enjoying your antiglare screen in here. The glare from the lamps in the ceiling is driving me crazy". I told him I was, and that I hadn't even noticed the lamps.

15. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have the AG screen. I love it.

Call them at lunchtime, Frank.

16. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

For what it's worth I've had both AG and Glossy ... if you're going outdoors then AG is almost a must.

However for around the house or office use personally I prefer the glossy. Sharper text, better colors is the reason. With the AG I find the fonts just a little fuzzy and I don't like the 'sheen' you see on the screen if there's a bright light or window behind you, actually I'd rather see a reflection.

My eyes tire faster reading text on a AG screen, that's ultimately why I went back to Glossy.

For the record though, Apple's AG screen has to be the best in the business.

17. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

Was the AG screen from the 2011 MBP?

I called Apple and they arranged for me to return it.

I also am thinking of the 7200 vs the 5400 drive. I use Windows 7 and game some.

My only other option is an imac and ipad 2

Thanks

18. HBOC macrumors 68020

My Early 08' MBP had the Matte screen (not hi-res though). When Apple swapped me for a new one, i didn't get the Matte screen right away. I think it may have been due to being release day, and they may not have had them in stock.

In any case, Apple swapped me for the AG. (it is hi-res!). I "suffered" for 3 weeks with the glossy, but in all fairness I was used to the Matte as I had used one for 2 1/2 years.

19. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Charlie Sheen?

20. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I recommend the 7200RPM if you don't need the extra 250GB space. Rebooting into Windows kind of annoys me and if you'll be gaming within Windows, load times etc will be better with the 7200 vs the 5400. That's my thinking!

21. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

I have the best of both worlds: AG on my MBP and a 27" ACD to connect it to.
    :D

22. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

How are you liken the AG?

I see you have an imac, is it not possible to connect the MBP to it?

23. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

I've tried glossy in the past and always go back to AG. Nice to have in case I want to move the office outside. ;)

Yes, my 27" iMac can be used as an ACD.

24. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

That's good to know.
    I was thinking instead of spending 1000 on the ACD, might as well just buy an imac.