Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy is offering a substantial one-day sale on Apple's current generation 15" Retina MacBook Pro. The $1,999 2.2GHz MacBook Pro has been discounted $300 to $1,699.

rmbp.jpg

The current generation 15" Retina MacBook Pro was released in May of 2015. It offers the following specs:

- 15.4-inch Retina Display
- 2.2GHz Quad-Core Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Intel® Iris Pro Graphics
- Force Touch trackpad

The next MacBook Pro is not expected until 2016 with the release of the Skylake processors. $1,699 represents the largest discount on the current generation 15" MacBook Pro that we've seen, and expires at the end of Monday, September 21st.

Best Buy is an affiliate parter of MacRumors.

Article Link: One Day Sale: $300 Discount on 2015 15" Retina MacBook Pro

Last edited:

OceanMindedBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
Inside sources I cannot reveal told me the 2017 model will be even better. I ran my business just fine on a 2006 machine back in 2007. A discounted 2015 model in 2015 seems like a good deal for people who wants to do business today.
I have a secret inside source as well. I was told the 2018 would be "the best MacBook Pro yet"

icrude

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2006
I don't know, being a professional I would rather wait until this whole USB / Thunderbolt war gets figured out than to save $300. Plus editing AVCHD video full time, I would love a laptop with 32gb of ram if they do that in 2016.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
I'm actually a little tempted. $1699... Tax free if I run up to NH. Minus 10% if I use my Discover card if BB takes apple pay.

I had a 15" MBP i5 that I thought was too big/heavy. Then 13 i5 Air that was not fast enough. Then the rMBP came out and I got the 13", which now I find doesn't have enough real estate. Perhaps the 15" rMBP would be a nice compromise... But the footprint is still too big. Make a 14" please apple.

Reactions: Cape Dave

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
I still only care about a new Mac Pro with a retina display. Not going to spend money, discount or no, on another machine.
Besides, "substantial" .... Not $300. Substantial discount would be $500+. And even then, it just signals that these are leftovers soon to be replaced with a new model that will probably have some architectural change you regret not having in the leftover model you got at "substantial discount".

Reactions: SD-B

Kajje

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
Asia
I'm actually a little tempted. $1699... Tax free if I run up to NH. Minus 10% if I use my Discover card if BB takes apple pay.

I had a 15" MBP i5 that I thought was too big/heavy. Then 13 i5 Air that was not fast enough. Then the rMBP came out and I got the 13", which now I find doesn't have enough real estate. Perhaps the 15" rMBP would be a nice compromise... But the footprint is still too big. Make a 14" please apple.
Dude, don't want to be cockey like the missus and what not, but after spending north 5G's on your journey to find the ultimate laptop, wouldn't it be time to get yourself some decent advice and leave the impulse buys to others? On the other hand, combined with the tax return and 10% it's a great buy though. But don't forget you'll get those extras also next month.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
Skylake is just around the corner but if you can somehow live without that it is a good deal.

When they finally upgrade to skylake the next gen will be near release. To me the differences are so minor. If you need it now buy it if not wait.

Drive speeds are so fast now a little bit extra CPU power is minimal. And the 30% power savings is only on the CPU which barely takes any power now as it is

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
When they finally upgrade to skylake the next gen will be near release. To me the differences are so minor. If you need it now buy it if not wait.

Drive speeds are so fast now a little bit extra CPU power is minimal. And the 30% power savings is only on the CPU which barely takes any power now as it is
The differences between generations is minimal nowadays. I had my previous MacBook for almost 7 years and my current desktop is past 6 years old now. I am more interested in platform upgrades like SSDs, wireless, and peripheral connectivity. I am looking at OWC for an upgrade to my current 256 GB SSD though.

Reactions: PrimeMatrix

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
I am in the market for a 13 inches... but waiting to see if Apple releases something new in October... all this discounts lately seems to point in that direction... hopefully I won't have to wait till 2016!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.