Resolved One iPhone 7 noticeably heavier than another

TimeoutMister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
My wife and I both have matte black 128GB Verizon sevens. I picked up her phone last night after having just put mine down and noticed hers was noticeably lighter. She thought I was being an OCD freak, as I tend to be, but when I had her compare she noticed it too.

Unfortunately I don't have a kitchen scale that can accurately measure grams to confirm my suspicions. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this and what could cause these variations?

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
In my personal experience the temperature of the phone makes a difference: I thought the same when unboxing a 7 and comparing it to the one in my pocket - the one fresh out the box was freezing cold which made it seem heavier for some reason. Maybe this had something to do with it.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
There shouldn't be a difference in weight if you both have the exact same model. Why would there be?

TimeoutMister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
Lol, I would think I was crazy too.

But now I have to know. Ordered a scale that can measure in .1 gram increments. I'll post results on Saturday when it arrives. The truth is out there! ;)

bluespark

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Do you both have the same service provider? It strikes me as at least possible that the Sprint/Verizon modem might weigh slightly more or less than the AT&T/T-Mobile modem.

azentropy

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Same memory? My work Silver Verizon iPhone 6 with 16gb weighs less than my personal space gray AT&T iPhone 6 with 64gb. I've weighed them.