One reason iPhone is better

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonefanman, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Phonefanman Suspended

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

3. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Always something :) Next bad thing apple does and the forum has "i can't believe apple, im switching to android" threads will pop up :) We will see how the unencrypted kernel is going to end up for apple.

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

According to the article it has been patched. There will always be vulnerabilities in software and they patched the vulnerability, what more can you ask for?

On an affected device it still requires physical access to that device using a supercomputer to brute force the password.

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Thanks for pointing out that iOS is a little more secure. I had no idea.

image.jpeg

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

K

#TheFappening

60 Minutes shows how easily it is to hack into a phone....

8. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Could you stop with the dumb iOS vs Android threads please.

9. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

He won't. But I agree

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Slightly

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

Higher installed base, higher vulnerability. Hackers have already exploited iPhones with jailbreaking since 2007, so how could anyone believe any platform is more safer than the other? You read articles from websites thinking of more security when hackers can spy through your front cam and invade your privacy as you read this.

People want security when they leave fingerprints all over the net with personal information. It is like putting #8086 as your PIN code because you read four years ago it was the rarest used from an article. After people read it, now it becomes more common and less insecure. So why bother using #8086 when someone is already telling you it is the rarest used? Don't be so gullible, McFly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. I7guy macrumors G5

What zero day vulnerabilities actually exist for iOS 9.3.3? Sure no platform is safe through social engineering and sure some malware has slipped through the App Store but not as prevalent as android. At this point Apple has made iOS a fairly secure platform to where even the government needs help hacking older versions.

If you leave your house keys under the front door and a thief finds them and enters your house, do you blame the lock manufacturer?

14. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

99% of the time you hear about Android malware, it's either from apps that were side loaded or from a Chinese app store. If you stick to Google Play, you're about as safe as you are with the iOS App Store.

15. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Google are not as rigorous in screening apps as Apple are. There is quite a lot of malware in the play store. However I think the average user is safe enough. I would still use a virus scanner on an android device.

16. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Agreed, getting real tired of these types of threads. Use what works for you and let others enjoy that same freedom.

"The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion"

17. I7guy macrumors G5

18. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Well, at least the Op posted an article from Ars Technica, which is pretty reliable and which examines advantages/shortcomings of both Android and ios.