Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
The shiny metal logo will be 100X better than that plastic lit up logo. Don't worry people can still see the logo across the coffee shop :p
[doublepost=1477718131][/doublepost]

Why not just get the Griffin thing?

That is my plan if I go with the new MBP, but it annoys me that I have to pay for functionality that used to be in included (especially since these laptops are more expensive). It also doesn't look as nice since it isn't flush with the laptop.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
The light was great when using it in the dark. Gives a night light without a nightlight.
I never noticed the light at all when using it. At least not enough to say it had any functionality.

While I thought it was a staple of the MacBook, I'll echo the thought that the metal logo is more in line with 2016 design language, and looks very classy on the space gray. It's funny people get caught up on a glowing logo that they rarely actually saw glowing.

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
If anyone remembers, the last 2-3 gen of the Retina MBPs did not have a dGPU in the base model and they started at $2099 for the 15" (as far As I remember).

You had to pay $2499 to get 512GB SSD, dGPU and 16GB RAM.

Now that the base model for the 15" has a dGPU, the price reflects that.

Just something to consider since everything is so negative.
You forgot to count the adapters needed :D

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
You forgot to count the adapters needed :D

I think adapters are the least of the issues about where Apple is headed :)

USB-C is a world standard and it will replace all ports in the next year or two. It's sturdy, reversible, small, supports Thunderbolt 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.