Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Well the iPhone 4 launches Wednesday July 28th in Canada and 10 or so other countries so it's logical to think that everywhere will get the white iPhone on that day.

swissarmybottle

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Well, seems so far we have:

Best case scenario: Pre-orders next week, phones ship by the end of July.
Worst case scenario: Pre-orders July 31st, phones ship out mid-August.

I of course am hoping for the best-case scenario.

Best case scenario would be if they applied some coating to the external antenna. :mad:

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
I think the White iPhone 4 will appear on the website quietly - i.e., I do not think there will be an announcement per se.

The official line is still that manufacturing difficulties caused the White to be delayed. This is a failing by Apple and so it shouldn't really be a celebration at Apple's end that the White has arrived. More of an 'it is available to order now' 'business as usual' tone would be appropriate.

Agreed. I think the most formal announcement may be the store going down for a a bit than reappearing with the white being available for order. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a formal announcement but I think it would be a bit odd if they tried running with a "second launch" type of thing. My guess is it may appear on the store next week with a "ships in 1-2 weeks" type status.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
Well the iPhone 4 launches Wednesday July 28th in Canada and 10 or so other countries so it's logical to think that everywhere will get the white iPhone on that day.

Maybe. Hope not.

Bigrahizzle

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Man i hope the release it b4 the 26th of july, im planning a trip to Turkey for a month and would love to have it b4 i leave so i wont have to look for it when i get back.

miki66

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
IL
i assumed white phones will be available when more countries start selling their copies.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
Which would be the 28th, and still the second half of July, so maybe. If so, I hope that means delivers by/in stores on the 28th, with pre-orders maybe next week?

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
I can wait till the end of July, but perhaps with a time frame...

A pre-order or even an expected shipment date would help me wait until then, because guessing is just not fun and discouraging (Another day and still no pre-order/)

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
i can pretty much guaranty it will be after july 24th so they can keep from getting ripped off with millions of returns of perfectly fine blacks for whites (racists!)

the black one is sick though, the way the glass covers it all, the actual screen part is practically invisible if it isn't on, it's pretty sexy

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I really think Apple will put it up for pre-order on the website. Let's face it, they want to sell as many of these as possible as quickly as possible -- there's no point in not allowing pre-orders in my opinion. Doing so will also help them gauge demand so I'd be surprised if they didn't do pre-orders at least 7 days before they are due to arrive at stores. I'm not saying we'll get them any sooner than stores, just saying they'll be up for pre-order. Just my opinion. :cool:

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Apple probably won't do a second launch. That would really confuse people who are priority lists or those that aren't but want an iPhone. They should allow people to order them and state a delivery date. In the mean time, the retail stores will carry them on said date but special launch plans.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

mloffa said:
I'm hoping soon!
I have the black now and will be giving it to my sister once the white becomes available.
Good thing multiple lines on my family plan we're available for upgrade. :)

Agreed! My mom doesn't really care which color she gets, & doesn't mind waiting longer. She decided to wait so we can switch once the white becomes available. :D

Brien

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I suppose all we can do is wait.

Or send Apple emails asking/pleading/begging for them to give a date.

Bigrahizzle

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Damn, im sick and tired, i want my iphone. Its been over a month now since ive sold my 3GS and i feel very naked without it. Im using a Nokia N95 at the moment and i cant get through a day with out having to look something up. The Nokia just doesnt cut it :( i just hope the release the white one ASAP or i will have to go the other route :mad:

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
I've email Jobs twice... nothing back. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Seems like Steve is taking a break from answering e-mails, I haven't seen a "Steve sent me this!" thread in a few days, maybe I missed something? I don't really blame him after the drama that went on last week though. I still don't think there will be a massive ceremonious release for the white iPhone 4, I think it's highly plausible that when/if the 18 additional countries get an announcement the white will make its appearance.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Seems like Steve is taking a break from answering e-mails, I haven't seen a "Steve sent me this!" thread in a few days, maybe I missed something? I don't really blame him after the drama that went on last week though. I still don't think there will be a massive ceremonious release for the white iPhone 4, I think it's highly plausible that when/if the 18 additional countries get an announcement the white will make its appearance.

I agree, but then again I think we all are over-speculating. Could we guess as to when they will be released? Yes, but there may be factors that we don't know about. All I know is that it's taking way too long and I can't possibly see how it could take so long for a different colored iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.