Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Cameras, sketchy company practices making your info vulnerable, messed up bootloaders at launch, no full fledged water resistance, and you won’t get Apple level product support.

Apples prices are insane. You can purchase two OP6 phones for the price of one iPhone Xs. And if one dies, you have the best support available, even better then apple support - just use other device right away. No waiting in lines at apple store, or sending it somewhere. Just pick it up and use it.

Every company makes mistakes. Wasn't app store full of companies with shady tactics and sending your info to 3rd party companies just a week ago?

And at the moment, apple isn't selling any phone with 'full fledged water resistance'. Sure, next generation will have it in a week. But using that as an argument is a joke, because you have no warranty on that 'full fledged water resistance'

Reactions: rbrian

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I mean apple never does anything shady right? Bricking phones that have had 3rd party repairs, evidently shredding devices instead of allowing repairs...

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/yp73jw/apple-recycling-iphones-macbooks

Poor design flaws and blaming the user

I also never understood why if these devices are so coveted and easy to use, why have specialized geniuses to teach people how to use them? Surely there must be issues to the point many people would need to visit one at some time in ownership that apple needed to make their own service center.

Not only that, they sell their own insurance program! To me that doesn't speak of confidence in their products and tells me that something is a bit off.

I know, this is tinfoil hat talking o_O but it's my thoughts. Apple is not perfect and their design paints them into a corner at times.

I can also probably find dirt on Android devices too and I'm pretty sure Google is evil despite their slogan.

Too bad the Ubuntu phone never caught on, though conical is a for profit as well...

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Apples prices are insane. You can purchase two OP6 phones for the price of one iPhone Xs. And if one dies, you have the best support available, even better then apple support - just use other device right away. No waiting in lines at apple store, or sending it somewhere. Just pick it up and use it.

Every company makes mistakes. Wasn't app store full of companies with shady tactics and sending your info to 3rd party companies just a week ago?

And at the moment, apple isn't selling any phone with 'full fledged water resistance'. Sure, next generation will have it in a week. But using that as an argument is a joke, because you have no warranty on that 'full fledged water resistance'

I would go with the XR if anything. Haven't heard anything about the App Store. Very few companies will cover water damage if a phone doesn't last according to advertised specs. I wish that would change because that is a product liability issue that involves consumers acting in reliance of advertised and pre-tested spec standards.
[doublepost=1536850894][/doublepost]
I mean apple never does anything shady right? Bricking phones that have had 3rd party repairs, evidently shredding devices instead of allowing repairs...

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/yp73jw/apple-recycling-iphones-macbooks

Poor design flaws and blaming the user

I also never understood why if these devices are so coveted and easy to use, why have specialized geniuses to teach people how to use them? Surely there must be issues to the point many people would need to visit one at some time in ownership that apple needed to make their own service center.

Not only that, they sell their own insurance program! To me that doesn't speak of confidence in their products and tells me that something is a bit off.

I know, this is tinfoil hat talking o_O but it's my thoughts. Apple is not perfect and their design paints them into a corner at times.

I can also probably find dirt on Android devices too and I'm pretty sure Google is evil despite their slogan.

Too bad the Ubuntu phone never caught on, though conical is a for profit as well...

Apple isn't a saint. Throttling, Touch Disease, bricked phones in cold weather? They tell you what you need in a phone and charge you for crazy dongles. Cut corners in every other area imaginable like no headphone jacks, no adapters, and 5W chargers are all you get for a phone with quick charge.

It's a lesser of multiple evils for me because I am looking for particulars. Google/Pixel gives me QC issues and bad designed phones. Samsung gives me lousy customer service to go with their products. List can go on and on.

I want a phone to last 3 years or so w/ updates and good specs. That seems to be the iPhone, especially with a good smartwatch experience.

Reactions: 5105973 and koigirl

Blaze4G

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2015
Check the oneplus reddit. Someone interviewed Carl from oneplus who confirmed it. He said battery life will be noticably better, though.
Okay. I guess Ive been having a hard time with no headphone Jack since I lost my dongle for my HTC u11 the second day I got it. It's been 9 months now lol.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
If one + can get their cameras close to Samsung I may jump. I recently blew the dust off of my one + 3 to use as a second phone on a trip to use a travel sim. It runs so much smoother then my note 8, it is kinda ridiculous.

Reactions: Macalicious2011

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
No headphone jack doesn’t matter to me because my v20 has a quad dac that blows away nearly every phone besides the V30.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
OnePlus fans on facebook and twitter are jacked off with the latest news.
I can't blame them. OnePlus has been pushing the pro-headphone jack narrative even this year and now suddenly it's gone. Oops.

adamski23

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2017
Even though I do not use headphone jacks much, I hate phone trends that are not consumer friendly. Since wired headphones are still widely available, supported, and has not truly been bested (i.e., quality), it should not be removed.

Similar trends that I hate are tiered flagships and large phablet phones. I never understood how bigger phones eventually offered significant tech advantages over their smaller counterparts.

Baldilocks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2012
Delaware, USA
Good looking phone. I may wait for the OnePlus 7 though. Anxious to see how the Snapdragon 855 (or whatever they are going to call it) performs.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Looks like this will be the design

OnePlus-6T-Leak-1.jpg

https://www.droid-life.com/2018/09/26/here-is-the-oneplus-6t-from-every-angle/

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Looking at these pictures makes me drool... But my plan is not to purchase one. Owned 2 OP1 phones, one OP2 (complete flop!), OPX (excellent device), OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, and still owning OP6. At the moment using Note 9, so I really got to stop wasting money away. Hopefully I will make it, and Note 9 is the first samsung device that (still) doesn't annoy me, so I really hope that I will stick to OP6 + Note9 combo for now :D

Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.