Only one new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kmanmx, Sep 29, 2011.

1. kmanmx macrumors 6502

Of course this only an o2 customer services person. Take of it what you will.

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Another interesting take to start the day off with, here on the rumors site. Brilliant :)

3. jlluna macrumors 6502

Man i am not interested in the iPhone 4s. I sure hope they release the 5, Or i will just keep my iPhone 4

4. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree.

They managed to give the iPad a nice upgrade to the iPad 2, at a time when lets face it, there were no Android tablets to really compete, and Apple iPad market share was and still is huge.

Yet the next iphone is going to face huge competition. To release one new iphone with a moderate spec bump is going to test apples fan loyalty to the max. I think they might struggle to gain market dominance if they did this.

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Interesting. It's possible they have had some form of meeting with staff to give a few details out but i doubt they know any more than us.

6. Pinkiy macrumors regular

Pinkiy

its down to everyones circumstances though, for yourself thats ok. but me for example with my blackberry 8250 even if its a 4s i'll be getting it :D

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

When you talk about 4s vs 5, what do you really mean? It'll be called a 5 regardless, and it'll definitely have spec bumps. So is the issue whether there's a form factor change? Is that what all this hand wringing is about?

8. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

The tech seems like they arent very well aware of the new iphone. this isnt reliable.

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I believe so yes. The difference in peoples mind is the IPhone 5 will have a bigger screen, new design vs the IPhone 4 which will have the same form factor with new camera, A5 chip. It's the 5th generation IPhone so it will be an a 5.

10. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

They probably have been told as much as they are getting a new iphone, and maybe an estimate as to how many.

But anything apart from that, such as name, specs etc i am sure they have not been told.

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

There is NO way they would know as Apple is letting this slip out. If they did this place woild be buzzing with this single rumor.

Not saying it is not so but we will not know for a few more days. I will buy a 4S if it has a better processor and get the 5 when they ship it.:p

12. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I call photoshop. :p

13. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

You caught me ! Photoshop is my first option for creating text. ;)

14. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

15. drnen macrumors regular

yeah but at this moment, she means everything :p

16. kmanmx thread starter macrumors 6502

You'd think that. But she seemed pretty confident that there would only be one. Of course, she's only saying whats she's been told.

But the chances are someone high up at o2 does indeed know what's coming.

17. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Just to add another opinion in the mix where i haven't seen this before said. I took everything pretty literally on the apple invitation as most people did, however did everyone seem to overlook the "1" bubble notification?

I figure if they wanted to be super cryptic about it and more obvious (with 2 phones coming out) they would have put a "2" bubble notification.

Just my thought.

[​IMG]

18. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Awesome. Another fragile-glass constructed phone. Another year of these to look forward to:

[​IMG]

19. nathanlloyd macrumors member

20. applefan289 macrumors 68000

What if there's an iPhone 4S and a low-priced iPhone 4?

21. soco macrumors 68030

soco

That's what it looks like now. I'm mostly convinced at this point that we'll see a 4S, which most of us will still buy (lol) and a reduced-price 8GB iPhone 4.

And you know what? We'll applaud and bleat, as always.

22. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Say no to the iPhone 4S! Oh well I don't think ppl gonna fall for the iPhone 4S like they did for the 3GS did very successful at launch day. Oh wait there were no lines at all for the 3GS I just walked in and got it.

23. applefan289 macrumors 68000

One thing we know is that the difference between a low-priced iPhone 4 and an iPhone 4S has to be significant enough for people to want to shell out more for the 4S. So, if it is significant enough for people to want to pay more over the low-priced iPhone 4, then it's a solid update. :D

24. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Don't forget though, the 3G > 3GS update was pretty marginal and people at it up.

25. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

It was still a crap upgrade, all things considered. The compass never worked as advertised, and the speed factor was overrated.

Video was nice, but you could get video on the 3G by jailbreaking anyway.