only ONE per person!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FreeLunch1, Jul 1, 2008.

1. FreeLunch1 macrumors member

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

3. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

I think in reality it's going to be one accnt per time in line.
    If you're new and activating a family plan I would imagine you could go up to the limit.

4. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

No its clear as day " You may purchase 1 iPhone per person in line"

5. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

I doubt that will be the practice. They'd be morons to do so.
    I'm getting a family plan and two phones. It doesn't make any sense. They can't sell a plan for two people and not sell you both phones to complete the transaction. They're going to hold the transaction half way through and make you stand in line again? Not likely.

6. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Come one at&t wtf is your problem your getting more money from us anyways

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

You know that you and the other person on your family plan can stand in line with you, right? Not one per account, one per person.

Course it still is kinda stupid.

8. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

that's fine. I am only buying one for myself anyhow.

9. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

I imagine it means that if you want more than one phone for a family plan, the persons who will be using each phone need to wait in line with you (you + your wife, or you + your kid, etc).

10. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Well I called my other family member and he is calling out next friday too so we will both be at at&t at 3 am!!!

11. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I think the literal translation is getting obscured.

1 per person would be correct. 1 per account is different.

A family plan would involve min 2 people. Both people would need to be present (thus the 1 per person rule would still apply) Say myself and my wife are in line and we would both be in line at the same time thus ONE PER PERSON rule would be in effect. Unless she wanted to be difficult and say "I think I'm gonna go to the end of the line because I like it in here and want to make you wait" Otherwise, I would be first setting up the prenup and getting things in order and she would be 'next' in line.

It's more a courtesy rule than anything else. It's already going to be a hectic day and this is to help make things run smoother to avoid one person holding up the line who is 'claiming' to get a family plan and try to secure 2 or more iPhones at one time and they're spouses or whoever just can't be there.

Besides is it worth getting all worked up without knowing the facts? We translating a phrase and blowing it up to something that more than likely is not the case.

12. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

What?? This better be wrong.

13. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Nope probably not AT&T has to find every single way to screw us over!

14. JonboyDC macrumors regular

There's also no indication Apple is imposing the same limit at the Apple stores. Last year, my recollection is that AT&T was limiting customers to a single phone, while Apple was letting people take two at a time.

15. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Bring your kids. Heck, bring your neighbor's kids too.... :eek:

16. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

These aren't diamonds, they're phones. I honestly can't imagine a sales guy not completing the transaction when you get to the front of the line.

My spouse isn't going to be interested in blowing two hours on a weekend morning getting a phone. I hardly think she's unique in that aspect. If I have to stand in line twice so be it.

These are the types of procedures that will keep AT&T #2. I've been with Verizon since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile in 84 and they've never pulled anything like this on me. We'll see.

17. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

So if I am starting a new account with a family plan they will only give me one phone even though my contract is for two? ...and they will transfer the numbers from our Verizon family plan but one number just won't work? So at 8 in the morning both mom and dad should take time off of work and bring the baby down to wait in line for our iPhones? :mad:

18. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

I would call at&t first!

19. L3X macrumors 6502a

Yep. Or just get the one, come back and pick up the second one when you can.

20. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Definitely call them first.

Course if you think about it, there are people in worse situations. AT&T can't adhere to all =/.

21. tritonj macrumors 6502a

you actually need 1 person there, the one who is paying the bill, the second person has nothing to do with the bill or the contract, it is essentially 1 person paying for 2 numbers and sharing minutes on 2 phones, so no need for the second person to be there, or the 3rd, or 4th, or 5th.

22. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

I just called and they basically said that people with family plans should get some stiffs to stand in for their family members. :(

23. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

That's what we're doing, although our "baby" is a very petulant almost-2yo and we won't be waiting in any crazy lines. If it's bad when we get there, we'll just try again later.

24. STC macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

This is dumb if its true.

25. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Then you obviously didn't pay attention a year ago when AT&T limited purchasers to 1 iPhone per customer. It was strictly enforced.