Oops, wrong shipping address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by austinguy23, Oct 7, 2011.

1. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I forgot to modify my shipping address when ordering the 4S from ATT. Will I get the chance to change it when I get my confirmation email or must I call ATT to make the correction?

2. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I thought the same too, but mine was my old account address make sure to check the email see what address that shows

3. MDC505 macrumors newbie

On my order it forced me to use the billing address on the account. It may not let you change it if it is different.

4. dkny3362 macrumors newbie

My email confirmations from AT&T show my old address from 3 years ago but my account profile has the correct address. Not sure what to do. I checked out entering the correct address on both. My old address isn't listed anywhere on the AT&T site.

5. austinguy23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Found a thread from last year showing the same problem from guys who ordered the iPhone 4. I don't know what the resolution was though. I'll try calling AT&T in a few hours...that'll be fun.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13502356#post13502356

6. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I'm calling them now for the second time been on hold 1.5 hours now ugh

7. iRebound macrumors regular

When I ordered, it confirmed as my current address. But on the email confirmation only shows the subscriber information... Not shipping address. I don't think this is an issue

8. bgro macrumors 6502a

I changed my billing address right before I preordered

Order confirmation shows my subscriber information as my old address but I'm positive my shipping address was the new one when I ordered

Hope AT&T doesn't screw this up

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

They are only going to ship to the credit card billing address. This protects them with the credit card company. The credit card company DEMANDS IT.

10. austinguy23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Please post back when you find out something.

11. iRebound macrumors regular

Same here... I ordered the iPhone 4 from them last year and got it a day early

12. tfcorcor macrumors newbie

Exact same thing happened to me.

13. Young Spade macrumors 68020

For some reason it wouldn't allow me to actually edit the email address field; however, the shipping address could not be changed and I just had to enter credit card information.

I'm attributing that to being on a Family Plan and not the account holder. BUT, I got the order in, and confirmed it by checking upgrade status on the phone.

Worst case is me waiting an extra 2 days after it gets there to get shipped here.

14. outz macrumors 6502

i wish that was the case. i ordered from apple.com and they're shipping to the address on file with att, instead of the address of the cc i used. when i attempt to modify my order, it tells me to call apple... and when you call apple they say they're too busy and it hangs up.

15. DarbCU macrumors newbie

Same thing here! My parents moved over 6 months ago and changed their address back then on AT&T, but my e-mail confirmation has the old address in it!

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You got a few days before shipping. Hate to be working the phones for either AT&T or Apple right now. They got to be crushed!:rolleyes:

17. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i cannot order online because i live 2000 miles away from my family. that is where the billing info is. any suggestions?

I might just have to go into apple friday.

18. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Try to log into the account at your carriers site and change the billing address? Go into an actual store and place the preorder; I'm sure you'd get the same results and you could try getting them to change the shipping for that order.

19. bmms8 macrumors 68020

thanks for your help! ill see what i can do.

i remember last year i ordered through apple, and after i got the email i went in and changed the address like many folks.

i live a couple hours from an apple store, so this might be the first time since the 3g that i dont get it on release day :mad: :p

20. pacdamac9 macrumors member

I just got off with AT&T after being on hold for close to an hour....

The Rep told me it will be shipped to my billing address and not the address that came on the confimation email. She said the "Subscriber Information" is just the address for where the account is handled. It doesnt have anything to do with with billing or shipping address unless you want it to be that way.

She updated my account to reflect my current address and got rid of the old address.

Hope this helps......

21. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Why not just go to an Att or Verizon store? That's what I was suggesting. The upgrade goes through them; Apple's site is just another landing page.

I went through ATT an hour ago because I was upgrading a line, and, while going through Apple's thing, it didn't seem to understand I was on a family plan, and, as a result, had the bill at 90 something as an estimate towards the end.

I'm going to call ATT later on today though and get a rep to confirm everything went smoothly; but I did do the *new# or whatever thing from my phone and it says I'm no longer under contract and my upgrade is in 2013; so all is well.

22. DarbCU macrumors newbie

Same here. On the phone for an hour and got the same result for the same question.

23. austinguy23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update: Call ATT or visit one of their stores and they will correct your shipping address.

24. outz macrumors 6502

for those of you with wrong apple.com shipping addresses... i finally got through to apple on their 1-800 #. they were happy to change the address (i had it changed to the billing address of the cc i used to purchase the phone)

25. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

Thanks so much for the update.