Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Precursor

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Istanbul
These are premium/classy options.

I wonder if they keep their original look better than the Apple leather versions?

I can speak for the Vaja case. I purchased a leather case from Vaja 2 years ago for my 6+, waited for a month to arrive, case was OK for a while but not better than the Apple leather case. It is bulkier and aged much worse than Apple leather case.

Last edited:

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Anyone have recommendations for any good open-bottom CLEAR cases for iPhone X?

Good question. I haven’t see any yet. The caudabe lucid clear could be an option though. The lip is so minimal that I don’t think it would interfere with the swipes. Maybe some of those owners could chime in.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
The buttons are one of the nicer features of the Apple leather case. On many of the leather cases (Kulor included), they simply cut away the areas around the buttons in order to give access to the phones buttons.

With the Apple leather case, the volume buttons are laser cut, color coordinated buttons that cover the phones original ones, the mute button being an exception. Maybe because its a switch rather than a push button?

The Lopie cases, another for this list, seem to do the same as Apple.

Elago is another with the open ended bottom.

It is hard to tell from the photos, but if you watch the video, you can see the Twelve South Relaxed Leather case is also open at the bottom.

I have the Lopie

It’s really nice!!

Reactions: THE JUICEMAN

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I’m so glad you just said this. I had forgotten about this one when it was recommended above. Just bought it in black. I think it checks all the boxes.

some comparison photos :D

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 367

Spaceboy88

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2005
New York, NY
Good question. I haven’t see any yet. The caudabe lucid clear could be an option though. The lip is so minimal that I don’t think it would interfere with the swipes. Maybe some of those owners could chime in.

I purchased this case thanks to your recommendation and it’s fantastic. It feels like I’m using the phone with no case at all but still offers protection. The lip is so minimal the gestures feel 100% natural. Thank you.

Reactions: THE JUICEMAN

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
I purchased this case thanks to your recommendation and it’s fantastic. It feels like I’m using the phone with no case at all but still offers protection. The lip is so minimal the gestures feel 100% natural. Thank you.

No problem!

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I’ll second the Apple case as it is slippery out of the gate, but give it a week along with some leather conditioner and it offers much more of a tactile feel once the leather is broken in. Insofar as having room for swiping, I have never heard of that issue, but I have girly size small hands so that might help. Right now I am using an Element Case without issue, nonetheless, I’d go Apple but Lopie certainly looks interesting...

Reactions: SDColorado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.