Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marbles

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
..people who study with the Open University get the higher Ed discounts ?.

It has been mentioned to call the Apple store , but that only gets the standard education discount , so I'm a little confused , anyone clarify ?

munnstermac

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
UK
They will have a set list of universities that participate in the HE program. You would need to call the store as every time I have got a new mac they seem to refer to a folder which has all the discounts in it. I hope this helps.

marbles

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
They will have a set list of universities that participate in the HE program. You would need to call the store as every time I have got a new mac they seem to refer to a folder which has all the discounts in it. I hope this helps.

Interesting , as far as I was aware the discount is made available to all those in education or higher education

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
According to this thread OU is not eligible:
This suggests that OPEN UNIVERSITY students, currently ineligible for the H.E. discount, might be eligible for student ADC scheme. Unfortunately, finding out for sure would involve paying the £65 enrollment fee before undergoing the verification process. Would this be risky? Is there a good chance of losing the fee?
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/300693/

If it where me I'd ring Apple and find out and if not why not.

m.d.

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2007
Scotland
OU studes are eligible for the HE discount (don't know about the ADC Student Account, sorry). You can verify this if you have access to any higher ed networks: after clicking on Education Store -> Select your University, you'll see a pulldown menu asking for which region you're based in. Select (if memory serves...) the East option - you'll then notice the listing for the Open University. Select that, and you're looking at a top-end MB for £988.18, which is only £280 more than the top-end white MB cost in the HE store this time last week... :rolleyes:

Due to the nature of the OU, most of its students won't be on its Milton Keynes campus, and unless they're working at another university, they'll probably not have access to a university network. If this is the case, you'll need to place your order over the phone. Remember to make sure the discount is applied to your order!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.