Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jo.Lo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Germany
Hi guys,

I‘m using a 7plus since 08/2017. I think it‘s great regarding battery life and camera, but the size is bothering me since day one.

Therefore I consider switching to a newer model with smaller form factor like X or XS.

I don‘t like the haptic of the XR to be honest, it looks cheap in my eyes (i‘m not proud of this opinion but I can‘t change it).

What is the best option for me at the moment?

Selling my 32GB 7plus: around 300€

Buying new&sealed X: around 650€ ebay

Buying new&sealed XS: around 850€ ebay

Waiting for iphone 11? I don‘t see any big steps forward in the current rumors.

What would you do? Any opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi guys,

I‘m using a 7plus since 08/2017. I think it‘s great regarding battery life and camera, but the size is bothering me since day one.

Therefore I consider switching to a newer model with smaller form factor like X or XS.

I don‘t like the haptic of the XR to be honest, it looks cheap in my eyes (i‘m not proud of this opinion but I can‘t change it).

What is the best option for me at the moment?

Selling my 32GB 7plus: around 300€

Buying new&sealed X: around 650€ ebay

Buying new&sealed XS: around 850€ ebay

Waiting for iphone 11? I don‘t see any big steps forward in the current rumors.

What would you do? Any opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Few points:

You mentioned you don’t see any ‘big steps with the current rumors’ for the iPhone 11, the triple lens camera is a fairly large upgrade coming this fall for the iPhone 11.

That said, if you decide not to wait to upgrade this fall (Which I would wait personally), and being that you don’t upgrade very often, I would probably consider the 2017 iPhone X, as the XS is vastly similar in terms of what it offers, and you save $250.

jo.Lo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Germany
Few points:

You mentioned you don’t see any ‘big steps with the current rumors’ for the iPhone 11, the triple lens camera is a fairly large upgrade coming this fall for the iPhone 11.

Thanks for your ideas.
I agree that would be an upgrade for the camera, but that one will cost probably 1100€, and who knows if that triple lens camera will only be available for the Max?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for your ideas.
I agree that would be an upgrade for the camera, but that one will cost probably 1100€, and who knows if that triple lens camera will only be available for the Max?

I believe Apple will include the triple lens camera both for the 5.8 and 6.5 sizes respectively, but Yes, it will be more expensive for that phone.

jo.Lo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Germany
Question for the X / XS owners:
Which frame color (the one of the white/silver color option is more like stainless steel, the grey one is darker) looks more used after a year or two of use? Is one of them more vulnerable for visible scratches?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is one of them more vulnerable for visible scratches?

The regular silver stainless will show more wear, because it’s just raw surgical stainless steel, as the space gray uses a PVD coating for added protection against scuffs/minor scratches.

Reactions: jo.Lo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.