Opinions: What does this number look like to you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SPNarwhal, Mar 25, 2013.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

[​IMG]

The number on the bottom left corner of the left tag.
    It's a row of numbers, and I am nearly positive the first 5 are

But the last 4 I have a problem with, although my guess would be 8516 ?
    Maybe even 8576.

Opinions?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Looks like 00666 8615 to me. The leading "2" is a stretch for me.

B

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

The first number has to be a 0 or 9. I don't think 2 because the bottom of "2" goes below the baseline of the characters. Not sure what that is though. Could be a smudge or something.

Do you have a higher res to show?

4. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

Looks like 00666 8516 to me. Nonetheless, seriously old stock that! Took me back to wearing grey Californians at high school in the early 80's.

5. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I know it looks like 00, and I thought that it was 00 as well, but I've been searching for these pants for a LONG time and I've found two other pairs of these (one tan corduroy, one demin) in which was part of Lot # 20-666

The 20-666 is the style code, so it wouldn't be different on different colors- the last 4 are the color.

----------

I wish I did, I would give you guys the most high-res copy I had. I've honestly searched hours on hours for these pants, and FINALLY found this one image of them online (though not for sale) of them.

Up until this, it was probably 30 hours of searching for no outcome, not even the same style of pants, let alone the color and size that I want. Then I found this photo, these are the specific pair of pants that I have been looking for for a very long time, and even now with the style code and such, I can't find them online.

Just trying to narrow down the search a bit here if possible. As I said above, I would agree that it looks like 00 in the beginning, but upon further investigation I've found that the style number for the same style was 20-666 in two other occasions.

The ending to me though does seem like 8516 though, since the 5 would have a wider width than the 6, and it looks like the last number is smaller than the 2nd.

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

20-666 8516

If you're using OS X or iOS, invert the colors on the screen and zoom in to make it more obvious.