Options for a 3G iPad??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SRLMJ23, Apr 17, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I just got my 32gb 3G+WiFi iPad, however, I have ZERO clue what my options are concerning the 3G. What does it cost? How do I set it up? Is there a way to add it to my current AT&T bill or is it a pre-paid type deal.

ANY information you could provide me regarding 3G on the iPad would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much!

2. filman408 macrumors regular

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I've also been kinda nervous on setting up my 3G on my iPad because it just looks like I'm signing up for a subscription and I want to do pay as you go.

Also I have a AT&T prime discount for my iPhone account. Anyone know if you are able to get this for iPad accounts specifically pay as you go?

4. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Is it recurring? I'm not sure if I have to manually pay or it will be automatically taken out

5. geko29 macrumors 6502

You can do it one of two ways:

1) Prepaid. Sign up directly on the device, creating an account with a username (email) and password, give it your CC info, and select a plan.

2) Postpaid. Add it to your existing AT&T Wireless monthly account. They'll send you a new MicroSIM (apparently the included ones only work for prepaid), and your charges will show up on your monthly bill.

Plans are the same except for overages on the 2GB plan. With Prepaid, it's $25 for each additional 2GB, whereas on postpaid, it's $10 per GB

6. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Appreciate that info, I assume I can turn off a particular month on the device itself or do I need to call in?

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

On the prepaid, you do it from the iPad. On the postpaid, I'm not sure. You may have to call AT&T.