Order 3G iPhone Online or Buy In Stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMacUser324, Jun 8, 2008.

?

Buy Online or Purchase In Stores?

1. Online

27 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. In-Stores

87 vote(s)
    76.3%
  1. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

Are you planning on buying it at the store or purchasing it online? :apple:

2. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

ATT Store most likely if these subsidy rumors are true your gonna get the best deal there. And remember you can always take it to the Apple store if you have problems.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68020

hell yeah I'm going to the store, why wait for it in the mail? Unless people don't live near many stores

I can't wait, last year I got it at the apple store on launch night no problems, hoping for the same this year

i do wanna buy it at the 5th ave apple store though, maybe i will

4. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

5th Ave store is gonna be crazy when that phone hits. I wish my Apple store was as nice as that one lol :(

5. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I'll probably drive down to my local o2 shop. No way near an Apple store :(

6. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

You can't compare buying something online and going to the store. I spent 3 hours in line for Leopard, and 4 hours in line for the iPhone ( first in both ). The excitement can not be substituted by typing in your credit card.

I'll probably go to the 5th ave store.

7. Zethca macrumors regular

If it is actually released immediately following the conclusion of the keynote, when is the earliest we can expect it in stores? Could they be out on Tuesday/Wednesday?

8. Sekots macrumors member

I will definitely be buying it at my local Apple store since I have plenty of them around. One reason to buy it in store is because part of the excitement is waiting in line with others, and the other reason is just because I hate waiting for things to come by mail. :D

9. spazattack674 macrumors regular

I will definitely be going in store to buy. I'll probably head down to the Boylston Street store, because I'm sure they will be well stocked. If not there are other plenty of AT&T stores in Boston, and one is sure to have the iPhone.

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Ill probably go to an AT&T store to get the phone if it is subsidized, since i will be getting a new contract then.

11. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I can't remember a time where people ordering online got them before the stores did.

Store all the way!

However if I have to go through AT&T for a subsidized phone I'm going through AT&T business care.... it's free overnight and I *should* be playing with it a day or so after store launch.

12. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i don't want to wait for the phone to be shipped. i want the 3G phone and I want it now~! :D

13. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I will definitely purchase the phone at AT&T store as I need to port my number over to AT&T; I know that I can do this through iTunes, but it is just simpler this way.

Jude

14. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

AT&T if there is a subsidy.
    Otherwise, I'll either go for online or Apple Store. I haven't decided yet.

15. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

If it is available for on-line purchase Mon afternoon and goes on sale in stores on Fri, I'll buy on-line (with the fastest shipping possible). That would be cool!

If they both go on sale at the same time, Im hittin' the store.

16. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

In store definitely!

Queuing up is half the experience!

17. Knolly macrumors 6502a

If there's subsidies I'd be buying it online through AT&T. I can wait a few days to save a few hundred dollars.

If not I'll be at the AT&T or Apple store the day it comes out.

18. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

You see, I've always wanted to buy something from that store like at 3 AM in the morning. I was thinking of buying it then, but I don't know if I can wait the few days before they'll have stock. :)

Butttt, there's a little ATT store in front of my job on Wall and Water streets, I'm hoping to show a little early and possibly snag one.

19. jersey macrumors regular

Yeah, the store. In fact, I drive right by one on Mondays at around 2 p.m. Should would be sad if I had to stop and buy a new phone .....:)

20. Nohg macrumors member

Silly question perhaps, anyone know if it a straight subsidy, like a drop in sale price or a rebate deal?

21. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I think they would offer a rebate...not a % off your Iphone initially.

That being said, it depends it they offer them on-line with a decent lead time or if the lead time is too far out, I will visit the Apple store...again.

22. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

When the touch first came out, I pre-ordered online. But then it started to show up in stores before it shipped. I ended up buying it at Best Buy and canceling my online order.

23. wako macrumors 65816

as easy it is to buy online, i rather go into the store and have the whole experience :D

24. ThePeacemaker02 macrumors regular

Same here, I think it's more fun, which is why I bought my macbook in stores. If I have to I guess I would get it online.

25. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

Nothing feels better than whipping out cash in store and walking out with the newest gadget !