Order Already Exists

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clusty, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Clusty macrumors regular

I keep getting this error:

Does anyone know how to stop this? I was never even close to checking out when I tried earlier, so there's no way that I have an existing order.

2. auero macrumors 65816

3. Clusty thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't put in my credit card information, my Apple ID, or anything like that. There's no way that I could have an order.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

5. iKidWare macrumors member

It's a reserve FOR an order,,I'm in same boat,kinda worried...

6. Clusty thread starter macrumors regular

I have not entered my Apple ID or email address at all, so there's no way that I could have an order reserved.

7. iphone4wanter macrumors member

8. Clusty thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on hold with Apple now. (I'm sure they're swamped.)

----------

Apple said that the error means that you have a reserved phone, and that they will contact you by phone or email to finalize the details.

9. protobiont macrumors 6502a

that happened to me, so I just ordered from ATT

10. Tones2 macrumors 65816

This is happening to me. I got the complete purchase email, go to account status and put in my reservation number and info. It then asks me to re-verify the AT&T information and then tells me the order already exists. I've tried like 20 times.

Has anyone resolved this yet?

Tony

11. Jmelrz47 macrumors newbie

I kept getting that error message when trying to order from the Apple site and the Apple store app. I had gotten pretty close to completing a reservation when my page timed out in Apple's site. I kept tryig and even logged in through the ATT wireless site but that reported another error. I tried again this morning through the apple store and still same error. What worked for me was going to the ATT site via my iPhone and the order went right through.

12. mac692 macrumors newbie

I've been getting the exact same message since about 5am. I've been trying to call apple, and can't get through "Thank you for calling apple, due to extremely high call volume we are unable to accept your call".

I hope my phone is preordered!

13. Clusty thread starter macrumors regular

I've spoken to two Apple representatives, and they both guaranteed me that I have an iPhone with my name on it. They said I should receive an email to the email address on file with AT&T within 24 hours.

14. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Hmm...I thought we DID get the "complete order" email. Is this a DIFFERENT email? If so, did anyone get this email yet?

Is there a way to "cancel" my order that they think exist?

Wow - this whole thing is really screwed up.

Tony

15. Clusty thread starter macrumors regular

I have not received any emails, which makes this situation even more worrisome. I'm thinking about just ordering with AT&T.

16. traci macrumors newbie

cancel previous order

This same thing is happening to me....I received the email to complete my order but when I go to do so, it tells me that I need to cancel a previous order....This is so frustrating. Any ideas yet?

17. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Nope. Still can't get this resolved. Tried a different computer even in case it was a cache issue. I cannot find what they are calling my "order" anywhere or any way to cancel it. I'd LOVE to just start fresh, but can't see a way to do so.

Tony

18. bean617 macrumors newbie

I've been getting this "Order Already Exists. Please cancel the other order before proceeding further" error since very early this morning. I could only get as far as the part of the process where it verifies my account with AT&T. I haven't received any emails.

I got through to 1-800-MY-APPLE, and the woman I spoke with said she had a call from someone else with the same problem earlier today. Her supervisor had recommended that the other caller just keep trying. I don't know what good that is going to do.

She tried to establish the order on my behalf and got the same error. She told me she wasn't able to tell if I had any orders associated with my phone number, which I find hard to believe.

Not sure what we're supposed to do at this point. Very frustrating to say the least.

19. traci macrumors newbie

I tried deleting the cookies and cache...but it didn't work. Darn!! I have no idea what to do??? I woke up at 3:00 EST for this? Should I just order from ATT? Im a little worried that I will lose my $30 unlimited data plan that I was grandfathered in.....

20. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I seriously can't believe how badly Apple is failing at these pre-orders. I had a huge problem last year where I got to the "confirmed" screen and it told me I had a reservation at the store. A day later I checked and I did not have a reservation, but shipping times were already weeks behind.

This year I'm stuck in this endless loop of not finding my reservation, yet it won't let me order because I already have one?????

I finally just ordered with AT&T, but my confidence in Apple continues to slip. I really don't understand why they can't just figure this stuff out.

21. Tones2 macrumors 65816

It's not that. I tried on a completely different computer. I'd order with AT&T but they for some reason will not hold a 2nd address line (company name) in the billing / shipping address no matter how any times I put it in.

FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

22. bean617 macrumors newbie

I've tried on my home macbook, my work PC, and the iPhone app so I don't think it's a cookies issue, at least for me. I tried going through the process at the AT&T site and it seemed like I would be able to be able to place the order, but I have an Apple gift card that I'd like to use.

My local Apple store couldn't help me and referred me to AT&T. I'm on my second transfer to a different department with them.

23. traci macrumors newbie

I'm on hold with Apple right now....Maybe I will get some answers ??:confused:

24. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Don't let them tell you to "keep trying"!!

Good luck and let us know what happens please. :)

Tony

----------

You're ordering with Apple. Why would they refer you to AT&T, since I assume that your account was verified with them already? It makes no sense, but let us know if it gets resolved!

Tony

25. traci macrumors newbie

yes....I won't let them tell me that! :mad: I've been trying for 4 hours now....I will be sure to let you all know what they say :)