Order from ATT, return to Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asr10 user, Jul 18, 2010.

1. asr10 user macrumors regular

I am wondering about my upcoming ATT Premier order for an iphone. I plan on ordering it on a new line, then going to ATT and switching sims to my primary line.

Now I wonder if when I go into an Apple store in case my phone has any issues, will it matter what line its on or where I bought it from? I have never owned an iPhone so I dont know how the apple store actually works.

From what I rememeber, I bought a used iPod Touch a long time ago, and it had issues and I just brought it in and got an exchange. Will it be the same with the iPhone?

2. n7plus1 Guest

3. agoat macrumors regular

I have a similar situation, I want to return my iPhone 4. I had preorder my phone from ATT instore, did one exchange with apple store. Yesterday, decided to return the iphone, hoping in the future I can repurchase. From what I learn from this forum, you can only return to your origin of purchase. ATT allow me to return even when I exchange from apple.

But what they told me for add in line, you won't be able to eligible to buy another iphone 4 in the future as discount price probably until the two years contract. Even if I cancel the add in line entirely, and get a new add in line in the future. The old add in line will show up, and still won't be eligible to get the iphone.

So what this mean is whatever ways of returning, as an add in line I won't able to get iphone in the future with discount price.

4. asr10 user thread starter macrumors regular

No real reason. I dont even have the phone yet. Just wondering if I should play with the phone, wait a week or so before I goto ATT and change sims and swap lines. Or if none of that matters and I can return to Apple anytime on any line with no delay.

5. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Amazed anyone would still buy the iPhone 4 knowing the reception problem. Especially someone who hasn't owned one before. There are good alternatives that don't have reception problems.

6. asr10 user thread starter macrumors regular

If I could get the Droid X and keep my $74 a month plan with ATT I would. But I dont see any high end Androids coming to ATT.

I have 1yr left on my contract, I love blackberry but mine is falling apart and all the new bb's look crappy even the 9800, and if a case fixes the reception thats fine with me.

I have been the total BB person who hated iPhones and even their owners. But the timing of the iPhone 4 makes too much sense right now (I need an additional line, I get to keep unlimited data etc) and ive realized as much as I dislike Apple, they set the trends and other companies follow.

Since im adding a line and need a phone right now, I see buying the new iphone as the perfect opportunity to do both while keeping my June 2011 date of full discount ready for the next iPhone/BB/Droid on my primary line at full discount.

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I would not only buy the iPhone 4 all over again but I was seriously thinking of buying a second one eventually, it's that good!

The only reason I didn't was that I bought a new 32GB 3GS at BestBuy this morning for $199 and I was able to jailbreak it. If they had been out of 3GS phones, I would have bought a new 32GB iPhone 4.