Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hi everyone,

I pre ordered an iPhone 5 from Orange, and went to track my order and it said "Order being readied for dispatch". Is this just me or is everyones saying the same thing as it's a bit early for this?

Thanks!

Londonmark

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Same for me

I have the same message. Ordered at 14:00 on Friday.

Anyone got any past experience of Orange iPhone orders?

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I ordered at 9:00am Friday, it said the same message straight away so don't get excited.

I called them up yesterday and they have no information on when they're even getting the phones, let alone us. Fingers crossed for Friday!

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
I ordered at 9:00am Friday, it said the same message straight away so don't get excited.

I called them up yesterday and they have no information on when they're even getting the phones, let alone us. Fingers crossed for Friday!

So they don't have the phones yet... we can order them? hmmm wow, i hope i get it on friday :L

Cambylass

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Hi! I've Also pre-ordered on Orange but when I go to track my order and enter the order ref that was sent to me nothing comes up...anyone else having this problem? =\
Ta!

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hi! I've Also pre-ordered on Orange but when I go to track my order and enter the order ref that was sent to me nothing comes up...anyone else having this problem? =\
Ta!

Nope, i'd give them a call if i were you

MetalBird

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Hi from Orange. We sent you a message earlier today about when your
pre-ordered handset would be delivered. Sorry, this was in error so
please ignore it. We'll be back in touch when we have the handset in
stock and we'll let you know the exact delivery date.

I received the above text from Orange, no delivery date mentioned. Ordered 11.26am Friday.

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
anyone think a friday delivery is possible?

I'd even go so far as to say 'likely' if you ordered early enough, the only reason they can't confirm is because they don't know how many they're getting, so they don't know how many people will be getting it on Friday.

I reckon we'll get more info in the next couple of days.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
I'd even go so far as to say 'likely' if you ordered early enough, the only reason they can't confirm is because they don't know how many they're getting, so they don't know how many people will be getting it on Friday.

I reckon we'll get more info in the next couple of days.

i ordered it at 4:30 the day it went on sale from Orange which was at 8am. Reckon i will get it this friday? *prays* :L

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
i ordered it at 4:30 the day it went on sale from Orange which was at 8am. Reckon i will get it this friday? *prays* :L

Yup I'd say so, we've not heard much in the way of shortages this time around and my girlfriend just ordered hers from t-mobile today and they all but said they haven't sold out for launch day yet, so I dont see why Orange would have by 4:30 last fri.

They also said that they've had loads more orders for black than white, so if you ordered white, you've got more chance of getting it sooner, same with the higher the capacity the fewer orders they've had.

I went for the white, 32gb at 9:00am launch day, if I don't get one on Friday, not many people will be ;)

Last edited:

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Yup I'd say so, we've not heard much in the way of shortages this time around and my girlfriend just ordered hers from t-mobile today and they all but said they haven't sold out for launch day yet, so I dont see why Orange would have by 4:30 last fri.

They also said that they've had loads more orders for black that white, so if you ordered white you've got more chance of getting it sooner, same with the higher the capacity the fewer orders they've had.

I went for the white, 32gb at 9:00am launch day, if I don't get one on Friday, not many people will be ;)

Ahh, cheers mate. I went for 32gb black, probably the most common choice *facepalm* haha

ubermark

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2005
I got this email this morning that got my excited at first, then I read it again. talk about conflicting information!

"We are pleased to advise you that your order is now complete and has now been dispatched. Due to the high demand for this handset we expect to fulfil your order within the next 30 days."

Paul2k12

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
Hoping for Friday delivery here too, Ordered around midday last Friday and order has been and still is showing 'Order being readied for dispatch'

Apparently we will get a text/e-mail stating when it will be delivered so I'm hoping that arrives tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

joey561

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I phoned Orange several times since I preordered on Friday morning -preordered a black 32gb - over the phone though. Order was completed by 8:15am. After hearing nothing more I complained a bit, and received an email from one of the Pay Monthly service managers (Ray Noble) who said delivery in the first 2 days was very likely, but still mentioned the 'only guaranteed within 30 days' line.

One thing I have heard multiple times, including from him, was that they have a lot more stock of the 32gb - choice of this model is a lot more likely for Friday delivery. The 16GB is the more popular choice as its cheaper, and the 64GB wont have as much stock as its the pricier option. Stock levels for the 16 and 32 are similar, and as more people go for the 16 it means the 32 should be a good bet for the first couple of days. :)

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
I phoned Orange several times since I preordered on Friday morning -preordered a black 32gb - over the phone though. Order was completed by 8:15am. After hearing nothing more I complained a bit, and received an email from one of the Pay Monthly service managers (Ray Noble) who said delivery in the first 2 days was very likely, but still mentioned the 'only guaranteed within 30 days' line.

One thing I have heard multiple times, including from him, was that they have a lot more stock of the 32gb - choice of this model is a lot more likely for Friday delivery. The 16GB is the more popular choice as its cheaper, and the 64GB wont have as much stock as its the pricier option. Stock levels for the 16 and 32 are similar, and as more people go for the 16 it means the 32 should be a good bet for the first couple of days. :)

Cheers, i'm excited now! If it isn't here on friday i'm going to be extremely disappointed and blame you :p

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I tweeted Orange asking when we'll know about deliveries, as I need to take the day off work when it's coming as they'd only ship to home and needs a signature. Response was this useless:

Code:
@OrangeHelpers
@lellis2k Deliveries will start on Friday for the initial pre orders. We're not able to track orders I'm afraid ^Jon

I asked who they're using to post:

Code:
@OrangeHelpers
@lellis2k It's UKMail ^Jon

Going to call orange and UK mail later and see if I can get more info

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
I tweeted Orange asking when we'll know about deliveries, as I need to take the day off work when it's coming as they'd only ship to home and needs a signature. Response was this useless:

Code:
@OrangeHelpers
@lellis2k Deliveries will start on Friday for the initial pre orders. We're not able to track orders I'm afraid ^Jon

I asked who they're using to post:

Code:
@OrangeHelpers
@lellis2k It's UKMail ^Jon

Going to call orange and UK mail later and see if I can get more info

If you get any more info, please post it here!

Thanks! :D

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
everyone's updating in this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15771944&posted=1#post15771944

it's a bit of a mess because it's everyone on all networks & sim free all posting in the same one, gist at the moment for Orange is that some people have had texts with tracking numbers for UKMail on, some, like me, have not... yet.

i've heard nothing since my confirmation email a week ago.... Nice one orange :mad:

Also, yea i made this thread just for orange :p

Last edited:

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
would have made more sense, but the other one got stickied so people will see it first.

Also just seen this one in there, very worrying:

ok after a conversation with orange APPARENTLY everyone who has received a uk mail tracking number is wrong and they have all be sent out in error!!!!

they have said that they get delivery of the phones from apple tomorrow and will start to dispatch them this is because apple havent released the phones to them. It seems they are passing all there errors apples way and are not taking any responsibility at all for this.

I am no way calling anyone who has received a message a liar i am only passing on what i have been told.

though everyone at Orange says something completely different, total mess.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
would have made more sense, but the other one got stickied so people will see it first.

Also just seen this one in there, very worrying:

though everyone at Orange says something completely different, total mess.

Yea, Orange have really messed up. Do you know what the Orange phone signal and 3G coverage is like?

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
Hello all, I ordered online at 8:56, confirmed at 9:15 ish. I never had any texts or emails, but I went to https://services.orange.co.uk/wps/portal/public/ordertracking, entered my order number (the one at the top of the confirmation email starting with two letters) and discovered it had been dispatched with a UKMail tracking reference number and link. They do say though that It may not work until the morning after dispatch. Mine doesn't work yet, but im guessing it will be here tomorow.. saturday at the latest.

Hope this helps the rest of the orange customers that have been left in the dark! :D

lellis2k

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
Hope this helps the rest of the orange customers that have been left in the dark! :D
Mine still says "Order Being Readied For Dispatch" as it has all week :(
I ordered at 8:58am on Friday, someone in the other thread has got a tracking number but didnt order 'til 2pm!

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Mine still says "Order Being Readied For Dispatch" as it has all week :(
I ordered at 8:58am on Friday, someone in the other thread has got a tracking number but didnt order 'til 2pm!

Mine still says that too but i did order at 4:30pm. DAM SCHOOL!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.