Ordered from Apple. Tracking not available even by reference number yet.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Captainobvvious, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

Ordered an iPhone 5 black 16 GB. On east coast US. ORDERED AT 3:39am and am "preparing for shipment". Checked UPS and FedEx by reference number and both say nothing at all is found with that reference number. Not even that a label has been created. It still says 9/21.

Anyone else in this boat?

2. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

I think there are many people that have a 16GB black that don't have tracking. Rumor is that it is in the states already, like the iPad 3 was, and you'll be able to track it tomorrow.

3. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Try going to UPS and type in the phone number for reference number. I originally tried the account number and order number and neither worked. Then i put the phone number of the billing address and it worked like a charm.

4. rocksyoursock macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

You'll be ok. Im still "Processing Items". As long as delivery says 9/21 you're good.

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

See stickied post on Apple.com orders. Specifically read the first post (recently edited).

6. zhandri macrumors 6502

just chillax! if it still says 9/21 you will be fine! you will get the phone on friday 99,99%. in europe not 1 iphone has been shipped yet. they will start shipping on thursday per overnight express

7. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Did that but still says "not found"

8. renesandy macrumors regular

renesandy

You'll get it by Friday. They have until Weds evening/Thursday afternoon to hand it over to UPS since they're being shipped Next Day Air. The phones that are already packed and ready to go are behind held by UPS, so there's no difference.

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Yeah, my order from Apple still shows as preparing for shipping as well, however, I've been tracking it via UPS since Monday and my White 64GB iPhone 5 left Anchorage, AK, US earlier today. The tracking info says it will deliver by the end of the day on 9/21. This is the first time Apple has shipped anything to me via UPS, usually they have always shipped via FedEx.

10. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea. I wish I could track by reference. No go.

11. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Are you absolutely sure you used your Apple billing phone number? Not trying to call you a liar, but I thought I tried every phone number I'd ever have on my account (cell, primary cell on AT&T account, past cell numbers, etc.) and it was my home number that I've never used to sign up for things that was showing under Billing Details on the Apple Order page. Didn't know until I clicked "View/hide Details" on the Order page and saw the phone number associated with the Billing Details.

My iPhone is stateside as well, FWIW.

12. lurch0101 macrumors newbie

ordered 3 white 16gb from apple.com, says preparing for shipment but haven't been able to find tracking info. tried my order # and phone # aswell on the reference page.

13. tsboy69 macrumors regular

Try putting in your order number omitting the final two. Worked for me

Taking the lead for the Apple store orders....lets have a single thread for the order statuses and changes.

CURRENT STATUS: Checking your order status on Apple.com will reflect either "Order Processing" or "Preparing for Shipment". NOBODY has reported their status updating to "Shipped" at this time so there is no need to ask or worry.

Despite the missing "Shipped" status, many phones are currently well on their way to their future owners. Some phones originated from warehouses in the US, Apple seemingly already prepared ahead of time for a large demand. These originated in Memphis, TN and Addison, IL. Many others have been making their way from China by way of Anchorage, AK. It appears many of them are now sitting in Louisville, KY at UPS' World Port facility getting ready to be sorted and distributed to UPS' regional delivery centers.

You can attempt to lookup your shipment in UPS' system by following these directions:
    1) Go to the UPS Tracking Page
    2) Select "Track by Reference"
    3) Under "Shipment Reference" enter the phone number listed in your iTunes billing information. 10 digits, no spaces, dashes, or leading 1.
    Also try checking any other phone numbers you have such a your cell #
    Pay attention to the account that you were signed into on the PC placing the order (some have found another family member was signed in at the time)
    Some have also had luck using their Apple order # or just the first 8 digits of the order #
    4) Click the Track button

14. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

Still not listed as shipped and still is nowhere to be found when looked up by order number. Tried full order number, phone numbers, order number minus the last two numbers...

As far as I can tell based on those numbers there isn't even a UPS / Fedex label created... Its showing "Not Found".

I hope nothing is wrong... I am sure I'm just nervous for nothing but I can't help it.

I can't possibly be the only person with a 9/21 delivery who is preparing for shipment and can't find any tracking of any kind.

15. M87 macrumors 65816

No tracking by reference for me either, tried every number on UPS and FedEx. Mine is a 32GB. Not worried, Apple still says 9/21.

16. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

There's a post somewhere in this forum that says there is a warehouse in the US with 350,000 of the black 16g phones. They haven't been shipped yet, hence. O tracking. Apparently, this model is expected to be the most popular so it's been stockpiled.

----------

Did you try UPS track by reference and put in you Apple order number without the last two digits?

17. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

This worked for me, though, even if it didn't work for the OP! My package is in Louisville, KY on route to my house!

18. indianboynyc macrumors regular

try the main phobe number linked to your account minus the 1

19. M87 macrumors 65816

Yes.

20. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I can tell the post about the 16gb black refers to phones ordered from ATT. I tried every number associated with my account and every other number suggested.

Guess I just have to calm down and wait it out.

21. ClubDownforce macrumors newbie

Im in the same position as you. I haven't been charged, I have not been able to track it by any means, and now I was moved from "Preparing for shipment" to "processing order"

Wtf.

22. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

Yikes! That doesn't sound good.

I'm still preparing for shipment and show a 9/21 delivery date... I have ordered two phones and have a $1 iTunes hold on my credit card, I used to have two holds for the amount of the transactions (I bought two new phones).

I think we just have to wait it out. I think when things start moving for us its going to move fast.

23. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I ordered a white 64 Gb iPhone 5 at 350 am or so with delivery due Sept 21 and mine still shows preparing for delivery as well.

24. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

Most people if not everyone still shows preparing for delivery. My concern is that I still show nothing at all when searching by reference.

Not no movement, no shipment of any kind is found.