Ordered from both AT&T and Apple, which to cancel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VicX, Sep 12, 2014.

1. VicX macrumors member

VicX

got confirmations from both att and apple. which one should i cancel? anyone has any idea which one usually ships first?

2. rmchale macrumors regular

Me too. How do you cancel ATT?

3. appl3kill macrumors member

4. Ashtar macrumors regular

I posted about this earlier...I did the same. In the conformation email that you received from AT&T, click on the Order Status link. Once there, you will see a Cancel preorder button around the middle of the page. Click it.

----------

Yes they can.

5. rmchale, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

rmchale macrumors regular

My order status page doesn't seem to have one.

They do provide this like:
    http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB111096&cv=820#fbid=iEYY87ANugp

6. zzoomp09 macrumors 6502

zzoomp09

i would cancel att... apple's order-to-shipping process is more open and easy to understand.

i made a mistake of ordering the ip5 thru att and they're more vague in their promises and noone seems to know anything about it when you call them.

7. Ashtar macrumors regular

At that status page, put in your information...the order number, etc. When the next page loads, you will see the cancel button.

8. edulinka macrumors member

9. newone757 macrumors 6502

Did you get the cancel confirmation email yet? I canceled a few orders but haven't gotten he email to confirm it and I want to ensure they don't go through with the order

10. edulinka macrumors member

No

I did not get it and also I cant check status on Apple

11. rmchale macrumors regular

I was able to call and cancel. I have not received a confirmation email yet, but my order status has changed to: Shipping Status Action Required

12. edulinka macrumors member

Hold

I was on hold for an our and give up and did online

13. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Ordered from both as well. AT&T at 3:05am and still no confirmation email. Will most likely cancel AT&T but it still can't find my order in the system although my cc has pending charges. Just hoping this delay doesn't screw up my upgrade status with the Apple order.

Usually pretty pleased with AT&T. They don't seem to have their act together here this time.

14. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I don't see a cancel order button on my status page either. The link someone else posted is for business accounts, so that may be the difference between those who can and cannot see a way to cancel their order. Their return policy is that Apple products can be returned for a full refund within 14 days if unopened. It also says they can be taken to an ATT Store, if that helps.

15. entlassen macrumors member

I'm at www.att.com/wirelessorderstatus

I enter in my info, click "Check Order Status", and it takes me to the next page titled Order Status Summary. I do not see a cancel button anywhere. Does anyone have a screenshot where they actually see a cancel button on that 2nd page?

----------

Do you have the link to the return policy?

16. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

Ordered from both AT&T and Apple, which to cancel?

I was still undecided till close to 3 am. I managed on Att.com to place an order for my line for a 6+ 64gb silver with a 7-14 day wait...mind you my order went thru before 3 am. I have received 2 emails and says preparing for shipment but with those dates. I woke up this morning and on the apple store app on my other line which is my moms line (she could care less for a new iPhone..she's happy with her 5c) I ordered a 6 64gb gold. Did give me option to pick up store on the 19 but since I used next it has to ship. I places order and says I should have phone on the 19. Honestly I was sold on the 4.7" with the leaks and what not. But after seeing the 5.5 with the extra features that swayed my decision. I'm scared I won't like the 5.5 because of the size. So we will see. I might just cancel the Att order for the 6+ and just keep the order with apple for the 6. Who knows it might be a sign from the smartphone Gods that I should still with the original plans of getting a gold 6 LoL HaHaHaHaHaH. BTW even now here in Miami just tried apple.com and iPhone 6 available for pre order for 9/19 release but the 6+ already has a 3-4 week wait.

17. rmchale macrumors regular

There's a bunch of links on the right hand side of the page you mentioned above. http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB111096&cv=820#fbid=iEYY87ANugp I was able to call after 30 minutes on hold and cancel.

18. Macally1919 macrumors newbie

I did this, and I clicked confirm bit I haven't gotten a conformation email. Has anyone gotten one?

Thanks!

19. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

20. flashflooder macrumors regular

I did it because I don't really trust AT&T to deliver on time. Apple site was down when I woke up so I reluctantly ordered from AT&T to hedge my bets. I did not receive a confirmation e-mail, which didn't do much to boost my confidence in them. As soon as Apple site went up and showed 9/19 delivery, I ordered one there and cancelled my ATT order.

21. rmchale macrumors regular

I couldn't get the apple store to work last night so I ordered through att. got through apple this morning in 2 minutes.. hence two orders.

22. flashflooder macrumors regular

Takes a little while to get it

23. flipkid macrumors newbie

I ordered and used my upgrade for both att and apple. If att ships me my phone first, then I'll cancel my in store pick up through apple. If my att shipment is delayed then I'll refuse shipment after picking up my phone at the apple store on launch day. I'm just hoping that using my upgrade for both orders won't screw things up and end up cancelling everything.

24. bcooln macrumors regular

i did the same thing with my IP6 last night, got both from APPLe and ATT, but this morning ATT just automatic cancel my IP order.

25. mantan macrumors 68000

I don't get it either. That's why people need to calm down who are worried about AT&T supply....a lot of it from (somewhat selfish) people who place multiple orders with the full intention of cancelling one of them. It just makes reconciling inventory and orders a mess. There are people who aren't ordering because of supposed 'limited supply'...a certain percentage is double orders for the same customer.