Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
mikeh123 said:
Julian,

Generally incorrect. If they release a new product before shipping whatever you ordered they will give you the new specs. Now it depends where you live as to how it exactly works.

Example if a reseller in europe orders kit and it is not delivered then the order is cancelled upon release and automatically added. Same thing goes on with end users to the Apple Store.

I'll bet strongly (if you have no shipping reprts at all yet) you will get the new model in about a week or so. Hey never second guess Apple though, nobody really knows when anything is due to ship, including Apple. You just sit tight and hope for the best.

Ahh okay that makes perfect sense, confused me a bit at first! I just want to get my Mum on the phone to the bank ASAP to sort out with payment authorization thing so that I can rest easy knowing my MacBook is definetly on the way:)

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
I've spoken to a few friends, and they said that they have never had to phone up their bank and give authorization for any payment, no matter what the cost.

I just phoned apple, and after waiting in a customer services queue for 20minutes, got put through to someone that did not know how to explain and help me with this problem, so he has arranged a callback for me in the next 4 business hours.

I had a thought that maybe it wasn't the amount of money, but the fact that Apple may be taking the money from outside of the UK, but then I have never had to authorize anything with the bank for clothing orders from the US.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

mills04

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2005
Worthing, West Sussex, UK.
mikeh123 said:
Your Macbook is delayed as they are updating.

Today they have internally announced a new product. Could be an error but I would bet by end of Today you see the new specs listed on the website.

Be thankful you never got one last week :)

There's no evidence to show that the MacBooks are being updated, if you look on previous threads, there was a lot of rumors about them being updated, got a source for this information?

It's more than likely that theres a slight hiccup with their card processing system and throwing up errors, it will get sorted out. Doesn't mean that theres a new product update.

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
mikeh123 said:
Your Macbook is delayed as they are updating.

Today they have internally announced a new product. Could be an error but I would bet by end of Today you see the new specs listed on the website.

Be thankful you never got one last week :)

lol where did you hear this. Apple doesn't internally announce these things they keep it a secret til the last minute.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
My mum just got off the phone to Barclaycard (our credit card supplier), they said that they were not authorising the payment to Apple because it was considered "a very irregular purchase for us". Which is true, we never use that credit card for anything over £200 or so.

We gave Barclaycard the thumbs up to allow the payment. Then as soon as my Mum hung up, Apples call came, we explained what has happened to them and they said they will re-submit the payment and can expect the order status to be updated tomorrow morning.

*DEEP BREATH*

Hopefully *touches all the wood in bedroom* that is the last complication in the order process for me.:)

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Ditto to everything! I ordered a MacBook on Saturday and Estimated delivery is 18th October... however it says on tracking that the MacBook has left the warehouse and is in transit... (Est. 13th). It seems very very odd because i could probably cycle to anywhere in the UK faster than that and pick up the macbook myself.

mikeh123

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2003
London
Yes Apple keep things very secret.

I didn't hear it anywhere - just something I picked up but hey could be an erroneous. I firmly believe they are updating but we won't know who is right until it happens .

I fully admit I could be wrong, lets just wait and see what happens.

Apologies Internally announced was the wrong phrase to use - I don't know anybody in Cupertino and thats for sure !!!

LANcaster

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2004
Scotland
Just thought I'd add my shipping dates to this thread. I ordered a 1.83 GHz MacBook with 1 Gb RAM on Tuesday (3rd October) and my estimated delivery date is the 18th. I had really hoped it'd be here earlier than that, but if it turns up with a C2D in it then it'll be more than worth the extra wait!

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
I was told on Saturday by my local reseller that apple is "recovering from the back to school rush" and that i might not get mine for at least a week or two! :mad:

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
After cancelling my first order my current MacBook order was made last night, along with the £59? printer, can't remember the model. Estimated ship date is the 6th, estimated delivery date is the 19th. I hope it will be sooner, quite a depressing wait.

Another thing, I don't know what courier Apple use in the UK, but say they try to deliver, and theres nobody home to sign for the package, what happens? Will they leave a note and come back the next day? I hope they don't send it straight back to Appl or something.

ormandj

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
xJulianx said:
After cancelling my first order my current MacBook order was made last night, along with the £59? printer, can't remember the model. Estimated ship date is the 6th, estimated delivery date is the 19th. I hope it will be sooner, quite a depressing wait.

Another thing, I don't know what courier Apple use in the UK, but say they try to deliver, and theres nobody home to sign for the package, what happens? Will they leave a note and come back the next day? I hope they don't send it straight back to Appl or something.

Call Apple?

PS - You're giving out an awful lot of personal information. A little time, google, and what you've mentioned here could lead to identity theft.

Nobody really needed to know it's your mom's card, what bank it's in, when the transaction was placed, etc. All that stuff is pretty personal, and better left off public forums. Not trying to be mean, trying to help you out so you don't end up screwed over by somebody living in a country you can't pronounce. ;)

Good luck with the shipment, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
ormandj said:
Call Apple?

PS - You're giving out an awful lot of personal information. A little time, google, and what you've mentioned here could lead to identity theft.

Nobody really needed to know it's your mom's card, what bank it's in, when the transaction was placed, etc. All that stuff is pretty personal, and better left off public forums. Not trying to be mean, trying to help you out so you don't end up screwed over by somebody living in a country you can't pronounce. ;)

Good luck with the shipment, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Thanks for the advice:)

Surely nobody can exploit the card knowing that it's my mums and with what credit card company it is with? I havent put out the number or anything after all! And I was certainly never going to go as far as post the card number or anything like that!

Needless to say, thanks anyway, never know, I could have gotten carried away:p

ormandj

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
xJulianx said:
Thanks for the advice:)

Surely nobody can exploit the card knowing that it's my mums and with what credit card company it is with? I havent put out the number or anything after all! And I was certainly never going to go as far as post the card number or anything like that!

Needless to say, thanks anyway, never know, I could have gotten carried away:p

It's easy enough to find out more about you via google assuming you use the internet much at all, get your mum's name through that, search public records to get a DOB, etc. The best way to handle avoiding situations like this is keeping personal information, personal. Anything you post here is instantly available to thousands of people who have careers digging up information about people and conducting identity theft. It's like competitors in olympic games, most would not be much different than you or I, but they do what they do SO much, they get REALLY good at it. :) Better safe than sorry!

Enjoy that awesome laptop. ;)

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
ormandj said:
It's easy enough to find out more about you via google assuming you use the internet much at all, get your mum's name through that, search public records to get a DOB, etc. The best way to handle avoiding situations like this is keeping personal information, personal. Anything you post here is instantly available to thousands of people who have careers digging up information about people and conducting identity theft. It's like competitors in olympic games, most would not be much different than you or I, but they do what they do SO much, they get REALLY good at it. :) Better safe than sorry!

Enjoy that awesome laptop. ;)

:eek:

*locks and bolts doors, turns lights out, spends rest of life locked in bedroom* :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.